Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Waking up with tremor in left hand/internal tremor  (Read 161 times)

Online Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Waking up with tremor in left hand/internal tremor
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:27:25 AM »
I honestly don´t know how much more I can take of this. Today, and 2-3 days back, I´ve woken up with a quite severe tremor in left hand/arm and an internal tremor that resemble an anxiety attack in intensity.
My left hand tremor sticks with me most of the day, although not at all as noticeable as during the morning/wake-up attacks. On top of that my left arm is extremely tense, mostly the tendons in it though.

I think I might have actually developed the disease I´m the most afraid of; Young Onset Parkinson´s Disease.

Anyone else experiencing this things and could it realy be just anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Keyser Söze

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Waking up with tremor in left hand/internal tremor
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:20:04 AM »
I am currently going through the same situation as you. I am 24 years old and for me everything started after an anxious period several months ago. I also experienced tremors when waking up or a lack of blood in my hands. These are called morning wake up attacks and they are a sighn of anxiety or a reaction to a stressfull dream of which you were not aware. For the past few months I had an enormous list of physical complaints. I also expected early onset Parkinson's, but currently I am allmost 100% sure it is all anxiety. Maybe you can read my topic, which I started yesterday: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,86629.0.html. Ask yourself, were you anxious or depressed for the past few months? Did the tremors come out of nowhere or did they slowly start? What helped for me, was thinking that early onset parkinson's is quite rare. You being on this forum makes it much more likely that it is anxiety related. You were probably perfectly healty before the anxiety started and when you were not paying constant attention to your body. I know this is not the kind of reassurence you wan't, but with proper diet and exercise, early onset Parkinson's is a disease you can easily live with (believe me, I spent weeks googling this). The physical decline of Parkinson's can be reversed through exercise and for the dementia they are running clinical trials for a cure (which worked very well in mice). I hope this reassurence gives you enough rest to come to your sences and realise it is most likely your anxiety. My symptoms have not completely passed, but they became a lot les present when I wen't out of adrenaline mode. In the beginne my neurologist took me seriously, but now he is also convinced that it is anxiety. The sooner you come to this realisation, the sooner you can go on with your life. Parkinson's is on of the baddest obsessions to have. It causes the same symptoms as anxiety and it is allmost undetectable. For me it really helped to accept that it might be Parkinson's but that I would probably never know what it was. I stopped going to the hospital and just started living. Are your symptoms currently unbearable? --> No. Then please keep on doing what you are doing, because this is going to become a visious cycle for months. If you really want reassurance, you can ask for a dat-spect scan. With this they can see anomalies in the part of the brain that is effected by Parkinson's. I chose not to take this scan. It can only confirm you have it, it does not help you. It will probably only make you depressed, whilst for the next 10 years or so, your symptoms would be very mild. Please release the thought of Parkinson's and start living in the present. This really works for me. If you have any further questions, I would be very happy to answer them. Until then, keep eating healthy, try to get enough sleep and keep in touch with your friends/family.

Bookmark and Share

Online Rasalhauge

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Waking up with tremor in left hand/internal tremor
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:24:51 PM »
I am currently going through the same situation as you. I am 24 years old and for me everything started after an anxious period several months ago. I also experienced tremors when waking up or a lack of blood in my hands. These are called morning wake up attacks and they are a sighn of anxiety or a reaction to a stressfull dream of which you were not aware. For the past few months I had an enormous list of physical complaints. I also expected early onset Parkinson's, but currently I am allmost 100% sure it is all anxiety. Maybe you can read my topic, which I started yesterday: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,86629.0.html. Ask yourself, were you anxious or depressed for the past few months? Did the tremors come out of nowhere or did they slowly start? What helped for me, was thinking that early onset parkinson's is quite rare. You being on this forum makes it much more likely that it is anxiety related. You were probably perfectly healty before the anxiety started and when you were not paying constant attention to your body. I know this is not the kind of reassurence you wan't, but with proper diet and exercise, early onset Parkinson's is a disease you can easily live with (believe me, I spent weeks googling this). The physical decline of Parkinson's can be reversed through exercise and for the dementia they are running clinical trials for a cure (which worked very well in mice). I hope this reassurence gives you enough rest to come to your sences and realise it is most likely your anxiety. My symptoms have not completely passed, but they became a lot les present when I wen't out of adrenaline mode. In the beginne my neurologist took me seriously, but now he is also convinced that it is anxiety. The sooner you come to this realisation, the sooner you can go on with your life. Parkinson's is on of the baddest obsessions to have. It causes the same symptoms as anxiety and it is allmost undetectable. For me it really helped to accept that it might be Parkinson's but that I would probably never know what it was. I stopped going to the hospital and just started living. Are your symptoms currently unbearable? --> No. Then please keep on doing what you are doing, because this is going to become a visious cycle for months. If you really want reassurance, you can ask for a dat-spect scan. With this they can see anomalies in the part of the brain that is effected by Parkinson's. I chose not to take this scan. It can only confirm you have it, it does not help you. It will probably only make you depressed, whilst for the next 10 years or so, your symptoms would be very mild. Please release the thought of Parkinson's and start living in the present. This really works for me. If you have any further questions, I would be very happy to answer them. Until then, keep eating healthy, try to get enough sleep and keep in touch with your friends/family.

I´m so sorry I completelly missed that you had written a reply to my post. I will write more tomorrow (It´s 3:20 AM here), but I just wanted to let you know that I can relate to most of what you write about. I´ve also looked into the whole YOPD-bit quite a bit (the understatement of the year) and reached the conclusion that my symptoms might not fit in there all that much after all. But, there is this nagging though/feeling that I am only fooling myself, or even supressing the acknowledgement of the fact that I got the disease. The more I read, the more symptoms I get. It really is quite amazing how much you can alter your body just by thinking about it, or just by letting anxiety getting the better of you=/
Bookmark and Share

Tags: