Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: ladies only please!  (Read 171 times)

Offline Jenin

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ladies only please!
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:47:53 PM »
For the past few days I have been experiencing vaginal pain.  I couldn't exactly tell if it was coming from one spot or what, so today as it was much worse I decided to take a look/feel.  I quickly discovered a lump on one side of my vulva, about 2/3 of the way back.  I couldn't see it with a mirror, but I can feel it and it is quite distinctive.  I googled it (something I probably shouldn't have done) and it seems as though it could be a bartholin's cyst.  But those are rarely painful.  of course i my hypochondria brain saw vaginal or vulva cancer, and I started freaking out.  Has anyone had any experience with something like this?  I am 30 fyi
Bookmark and Share
Jenin

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ladies only please!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:56:17 PM »
The first thing I thought was a bartholin's cyst.  Those things are something you want to get taken care of right away or else it turns into quite an ordeal to get them taken care of.

Gynecologic cancers are very rare in younger women.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:48:10 PM »
I wish someone had told my Bartholin's cysts that they weren't supposed to be painful!  I've had recurrent cysts since my 30s, for unknown reasons.  My gyno has never been terribly worried about them and told me that a warm compress a few times a day will usually take care of most cysts.  That's what I've always done and they've cleared up within a week or so with no complications.   Good luck! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenin

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 02:40:30 PM »
thanks!  I did go to the gyno today and she told me it looked like a herpetic ulcer.  I am not too upset about that being the case, if it is so...but I googled again and saw that cancer of the vulva can sometimes present as an ulcer.  I am so worried that that's what I have :-( and I have to wait ten days to get the results of the culture so I am extremely anxious.
Bookmark and Share
Jenin

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »
Cancer doesn't just pop up overnight. 

Stop googling, you'll drive yourself mad. 

Sorry you're in so much pain; that sounds really unpleasant.  Did your doctor have any suggestions for lessening it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenin

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 02:57:44 PM »
she prescribed some sort of spray that I'm going to pick up tonight.  The pain is very unpleasant but the anxiety is worse.  I never should've googled but I thought I'd feel better if I did, then lo and behold, so many articles say that cancer of the vulva can start off with symptoms like this.  I am worried too because I had some mild itching for a couple weeks that progressed to pain, so concerned that as this is getting worse it's a bad sign.
Bookmark and Share
Jenin

Tags: