Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Abdominal pain is back  (Read 158 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Abdominal pain is back
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »
After a few weeks of feeling okay, my all to familiar abdominal pain has returned.  It's in the same spot as before, right about my belly button.  I honestly don't know what is going on anymore.  I sometimes have the lower right quadrant pain but the main problem is the pain above my navel.  This has been going on for over 2 years on and off and I'm really worried.

I am terrified that I have cancer and that it is slowly growing inside me.  My bowel movements go from normal, to light brown and flaky, back to normal again - sorry TMI.  Every doctor I have seen has said that I'm fine and I have seen 4 different ones so a second opinion is overdue.  I have had blood work, physicals, and abdominal x-rays and they say nothing is wrong.  What is going on?   :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abdominal pain is back
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »
Anxiety is what is going on.  You've had several tests and seen 4 different Drs.  Why in the world would you be seeking the opinion of another and saying that it's way overdue??

You need to treat your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 02:01:34 PM »
Okay, after about 4 weeks of my abdominal pain dissipating, it has returned...albeit not nearly as severe as it has been in the past.  I was taking my dog for a walk with my sister and out of nowhere I had pain right below my ribs all across my abdomen.  It stayed there until we got home and then eventually moved around like it has before.  Now the pain is mainly around my navel and lower abdomen at the moment.  I'm able to walk around, etc. and I took my temperature and I don't have a fever.  But honestly, this is getting so ridiculous...I have had this problem for over 2 years now (3 in October).

Could this be cancer at all?  I mean I have heard of a few people who have been misdiagnosed for years and then they end up having cancer.    :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:16:10 AM »
Cancer pain doesn't go away for months and come back.  It sticks around and gets steadily worse.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: