Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Perhaps A Possible Cause For My Foot Twitching?  (Read 128 times)

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
Perhaps A Possible Cause For My Foot Twitching?
« on: April 13, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »
Throughout this whole cycle of hell, and ever since football started, I've had a deep ache as though I haven't stretched in years. It comes from my left glute. I try to massage it but I can't find the spot which leaded me to believe I'm dealing with an S1 or L5 sciatic nerve compression from football.

I've had back spasms in the past, never found out why the doc just gave me some anti inflammatories. Also my chiropractor says I have an 8 degree curve in my lower back (that was a year ago so it's probably worse now) and he said that he doesn't think it was from normal degeneration he said he thought it was impact. I race motocross and I've hit the deck many times. One crash I had made me unable to bend over at all. I'm rambling now sorry.

Long story short, could a compressed sciatic nerve be causing all of my problems? My foot has gone numb more than once, but came back to normal each time. I've had ticklish feelings at the top outer of my foot that ran up to my left glute. And as you all know the foot spasms.

If such was the case, would that mean that it makes sense that I can't always stop the twitch by flexing my foot?
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Perhaps A Possible Cause For My Foot Twitching?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
Hey AP,

Good to see you again, I remember we talked earlier. I hope your situation gets better.

How are things going? Are you the same age as me? (22) I was thinking you were pretty young, how do you know so much with anatomy? You've gotta be an honor roll student. front some of that knowledge to me, I could use it for my classes.

I hope you find the answer to your question.

Dirtbikes freak the hell out of me, that why I stick to my R6. haha. Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Perhaps A Possible Cause For My Foot Twitching?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »
Hey AP,

Good to see you again, I remember we talked earlier. I hope your situation gets better.

How are things going? Are you the same age as me? (22) I was thinking you were pretty young, how do you know so much with anatomy? You've gotta be an honor roll student. front some of that knowledge to me, I could use it for my classes.

I hope you find the answer to your question.

Dirtbikes freak the hell out of me, that why I stick to my R6. haha. Best of luck.

Hey,

I'm 16. Not an honor roll student by any means but I'm a good researcher and I retain information pretty well. Both my dad and step mom are medical professionals who work in the PICU. My dad loves to teach and so I've picked up a lot of his knowledge along the way. This probably hurts me as far as my health anxiety goes, though.

Problem is they're both at a wedding in Barbados right now so I'm not able to bug them about my fears right now!

As for the motocross: I recommend it. Believe it or not it's the greatest stress reliever I have ever known. Been racing since I was 4! When I'm riding for fun though it's just me, my bike and a track. No opportunity to focus on anything besides the moment because if I lose focus I'll crash. That's what makes it so great at relieving stress! No time to worry about anything else!

Anyone else have input as far as whether or not this could be a nerve compression in the L5 or S1 as opposed to a local foot problem? The big clue to me is the deep ache in my glute as though I need to stretch.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Tags: