Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I have no idea what's going on. Eye strains, Head Pressure, Motion Sickness  (Read 330 times)

Offline ivanc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hey guys

since last sunday, i've been struggling with eye strains, anxiety,  head pressure, and motion sickness

I've been going through these symptoms for an entire week now. Every monring I wake up, I would immediatetly feel the eye strain, head pressure, and motion sickness, and as the day progresses, my eyes would strain much more, and my head pressure gets worse, but the motion sickness stays about the same.

i keep worrying that I have some sort of problem with my brain and thats causinng some anxiety in me.

I figured that since I had eye strains, I thought sleeping like 2 hours earlier + reduce time on the computer would help alleviate some of these
symptoms, however it's been the same.

i don't know what is causing this.... i'm gonna be seeing the optometrist next week, but at the momemt im just overwhelmed by how many problems that is going on with me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
you just described the symptoms i feel pretty much on a daily basis. if it helps at all, i've had numerous scans done and nothing ever came back abnormal, and i'm very confident that this will be the case with you as well. your symptoms are likely something very benign and treatable; it may even be something as small as having some fluid in your ears, which could explain the head pressure and motion sickness feeling. as for the eye strain, i get that all the time too, and i realize that if i'm not focusing on it, it goes away naturally. i chalk it up to the muscles around my eyes being tense since i'm anxious which can easily cause eye strain.

but it's good that you're seeing an eye doctor, getting a clear eye scan will hopefully help with your worries. just remember that by tensing up and worrying about the symptoms, we only prolong those symptoms and make them more evident. you're going to be okay.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ivanc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
thanks for the reply man.

reading your post def made me feel alot better
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've had something quite similar recently. It is probably either sinus or inner-ear related, if it's not anxiety. I get eye strain if I play my 3DS too long or wear my glasses for too long (I'm way overdue a new prescription).
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
thanks for the reply man.

reading your post def made me feel alot better

no problem, glad to be of help! snowberry also made a great point that it could easily be something sinus-related. i've seen a lot of people on the forums having chronic sinus issues (myself included) that involved the same symptoms you described. sinusitis can cause head pressure, eye strain, dizziness, you name it. keep us updated on how your appointment with the eye doc goes! i'm sure it'll be just fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ivanc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hey guys, just wanted to update that everything is fine with me!

i went to the optometrist today, and he told me that eye tension, along with stress is the main reason behind the head pressure.

also he told me that I had astigmatism and some other eye problem ???? , and need to wear my glasses at all times (i dont wear it in public)

i guess that's pretty much it for me. ive been feeling alot better (10x), and hopefully if one of yall ever come across similar symptoms as mine, i can assure you it's nothing serious.

rest, exercise, hang out with your buds, and everything will be ok.

thank you corwin, and snowberry for helping. aight peace out guys

Bookmark and Share

Tags: