Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: TMJ or neck/throat tumor?  (Read 271 times)

Offline MmeMulot

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
TMJ or neck/throat tumor?
« on: April 13, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »
For the past couple of weeks, I've had bad pain in my left jaw. It came on suddenly -- one day I had no pain, the next it was there, and it hasn't gone away. It hurts to chew. It feels like I've been socked in the jaw. It's both top and bottom and in the "V" of the jaw joint, and doesn't seem tied to a particular tooth. I can hear/feel a kind of scraping sound (only on left side) when I open and close my mouth. I can feel a submandible lymph node on the left jawline that I can't feel on the right. There's also soreness in the area of my throat lymph nodes. To my knowledge, I don't grind my teeth while sleeping.

I'm trying to convince myself it's TMJ, but I'm horribly afraid it's something like lymphoma or thyroid cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melissa100

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: TMJ or neck/throat tumor?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:09:44 PM »
I have the same problem on the right side. I was afraid of saliva gland issues. Mine hurts right by the ear, my cheek bone, jar line and goes all the way up to the eye. I get headaches each time it happens right on that side and little bit above the ear. I went to the doctor yesterday and she said defiantly TMJ. I thought the same way that I could feel the sore node under the jar line and sore cheek muscle but she said its nothing to worry about. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline MmeMulot

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 10:37:07 PM »
Thank you for the reply! My pain seems to go down from my jaw rather than up, like yours. I'm glad your doctor gave you a definite TMJ diagnosis. I've never had pain in this area like I have right now. It's worrying. My jaw feels stiff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MmeMulot

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:27:36 PM »
Anybody else have any experience with TMJ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »
I had health anxiety pop up in December. At the time I was having panic attacks about having MS due to some leg spasms and tingling thanks to google.

I started worrying about my eyes as well once I heard that was also an MS issue. My temples started to feel pressure daily as well as the area above my ears. Then my eyes muscles felt sore each day.

I still feel this today to some degree. My GP said it was stress and tension. My Dentist said it is TMJ.

Does anyone else get eye muscle soreness and squinting more in sunlight?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cattia

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 04:25:03 PM »
I believe I have tmj as I clench and grind my teeth at night and sometimes my throat gets so tight that I can't swallow. However I have recently developed one sided facial swelling and now have to go for an ultrasound my my face and jaw. I am terrified but hoping it will end up being tmj related.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: