Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: greetings and question  (Read 128 times)

Offline camino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
greetings and question
« on: April 13, 2014, 01:25:24 PM »
hi guys.. well I have anxiety disorder with panic attacks and agoraphobia about 3 years and I'm 25 y/o now.. Tried meds, but it made everything a waaaay worse, so I tried to cure myself with help of herbs, breathing, meditation and so on, and it helped better that meds. But till last night.. I don't know where I should post this question so I'm asking here, is it possible that my anxiety disorder is schizophrenia now? I mean could it evolve or could I had bad diagnosis for all of this years? Last night I was brushing my teeth, and suddenly I thought, or more like felt, leeches on my tongue.. and i wanted to rub it with toothbrush.. when I did I was like wtf I'm doing, and it creeps me out whole day today, this 'acting like a schizophrenic' was only like for 5 seconds, just felt this, brush, and wtf, but I'm scared that I felt this, I acted like this, so maybe my it's not neurosis but mental illness? I don't know what to, I never heard of anyone with anxiety who would acted like this, only people with serious conditions in mental hospital.. I'll be seeing doctor in May, it's a lot of time so I hope anyone could help me here with advise or anything :c   
Bookmark and Share
I tried to think about rainbows
When it gets bad
You got to think about something
To keep from going mad

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: greetings and question
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 02:28:23 PM »
Welcome to the board Camino,

I'll give you some of my two cents to help... enlighten some responses others may give.

This is an excellent post for any of the topics on the board really, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, You could maybe even throw it into the Schizophrenia board too. Whichever way you want to go, I'd recommend that as you will get more specific responses.

hi guys.. well I have anxiety disorder with panic attacks and agoraphobia about 3 years and I'm 25 y/o now.. Tried meds, but it made everything a waaaay worse,

When prescribed medication, what type of doctor did it? Was it like your general Physician? or a psychiatrist? What did they diagnose you with and what did they prescribe?

is it possible that my anxiety disorder is schizophrenia now? I mean could it evolve or could I had bad diagnosis for all of this years? Last night I was brushing my teeth, and suddenly I thought, or more like felt, leeches on my tongue.. and i wanted to rub it with toothbrush.. when I did I was like wtf I'm doing, and it creeps me out whole day today, this 'acting like a schizophrenic' was only like for 5 seconds, just felt this, brush,
I am not too skilled in schizophrenia as others may be, but I just want you to know that the mind is a powerful thing. When you face anxiety, one little itch, scratch, comment, or outcome can make all the difference in the world in how you perceive things. I couldn't tell you if this is a significant sign of SCH, but your best bet is if it continues, seeks a doctor who is specialized in psychiatry. If you have good insurance all you'll have is a co-pay, but if you decide to do it... do it now, you might be booked out a month.. who knows. There is medication that can help with that if that is the case, I've heard Abilify (Aripiprazole) works well with this but do note that it does not come in Generics, at least that I've seen... so insurance will save you a heck of a lot of money when you go to get it filled. If medications have failed you in the past, it's understood that you're more likely not to try them out again, but it's just food for thought and listing some options with an open mind.

and wtf, but I'm scared that I felt this, I acted like this, so maybe my it's not neurosis but mental illness? I don't know what to, I never heard of anyone with anxiety who would acted like this, only people with serious conditions in mental hospital.. I'll be seeing doctor in May, it's a lot of time so I hope anyone could help me here with advise or anything :c

Maybe all in all it could be a form of Health Anxiety, Hypochondria if anything. When you say that you've never heard of anyone with anxiety who would act like this, you should think again. Many people struggle with simply drinking water from the tap in fear of letting in forms of diseases. They soon start to feel these "symptoms" and it all goes downhill. Are they mental hospital worthy? Absolutely not. It's how they're wired, and it's how we are all wired. it's something you've got to take with an open mind and a grain of salt. if you panic yourself, that'll destroy you mentally before anything else. Keep calm, and if anything else pops up seek a doctor sooner than may. It's for your greater good. You deserve it.

Best wishes.
[/quote]
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 02:35:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline camino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »
Thanks Potatoes for reply :)

Ok I'll write my problem there. I had meds from psychiatrist, diagnosis was anxiety disorder with agoraphobia and panic attacks, prescribed medication were Depralin (escitalopram) and Hydroxyzinum VP, I took Depralin for about month but thanks to this I was nervous all the time, had panic attack like I never had, for e.x. I couldn't stand on my feet because I felt like I was on crazy rollercaster, and when I lay down I was shaking like crazy... Hydro should calm down, but it didn't worked either, actually it made me more active and I had to do something very fast. And it was about 1,5 ago. In December last year I had other psychiatrist and I tired Paroxinor (paroxetinum) but only for two days, first pill calmed me down, but next day was an Armageddon :c

I am not too skilled in schizophrenia as others may be, but I just want you to know that the mind is a powerful thing. When you face anxiety, one little itch, scratch, comment, or outcome can make all the difference in the world in how you perceive things. I couldn't tell you if this is a significant sign of SCH, but your best bet is if it continues, seeks a doctor who is specialized in psychiatry. If you have good insurance all you'll have is a co-pay, but if you decide to do it... do it now, you might be booked out a month.. who knows. There is medication that can help with that if that is the case, I've heard Abilify (Aripiprazole) works well with this but do note that it does not come in Generics, at least that I've seen... so insurance will save you a heck of a lot of money when you go to get it filled. If medications have failed you in the past, it's understood that you're more likely not to try them out again, but it's just food for thought and listing some options with an open mind.

I understood that mind and imagination are powerful things, I am an artistic soul and I always had something like I looked on clouds, shadows, and could see in this dragons fighting with knights, cute things and scary things, it was very useful for my drawings but well, till anxiety and stuff. I have booked psychiatrist on May already, and I used to have a therapist for one month because she kicked me out a week ago. I was sick and couldn't go on session and couldn't take blood tests, so she said that in her opinion I don't want to work on myself an this is the end-.- great therapist huh  >:(       
It may be food for thought but food don't change way of thinking, but I wonder if meds I took in the past could do some damage in brain and maybe that's why things like this happen to me? Now I always checking everything many times, and have problem with taking any meds, I'm freaking out even when have to take something even for a simple cold or flu ;c

Maybe all in all it could be a form of Health Anxiety, Hypochondria if anything. When you say that you've never heard of anyone with anxiety who would act like this, you should think again. Many people struggle with simply drinking water from the tap in fear of letting in forms of diseases. They soon start to feel these "symptoms" and it all goes downhill. Are they mental hospital worthy? Absolutely not. It's how they're wired, and it's how we are all wired. it's something you've got to take with an open mind and a grain of salt. if you panic yourself, that'll destroy you mentally before anything else. Keep calm, and if anything else pops up seek a doctor sooner than may. It's for your greater good. You deserve it.

Well you're right, there are people who get scared about many things, like my friend, who doesn't have anxiety, but is freaking out like crazy when she has to go back to home alone at night because she's obsessed that someone would kill her :) But this are kind of normal, possible situations, and having leeches on tongue is something crazy in my opinion, and I don't know anyone with this kind of freaky situations :c It worries me especially that for this few seconds I thought leeches were real :c
To be honest I feel mentally destroyed already, toxic family, a lot of stress everywhere, and panic attacks, spending too much time at home because of agoraphobia, and this situation from last night.. it's too much for tired mind eh :c I'll go to doc as soon as it will be possible, but I don't have high hopes for faster term, public medical care here is probably one of the worst in Europe :c

Bookmark and Share
I tried to think about rainbows
When it gets bad
You got to think about something
To keep from going mad

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:31:21 PM »
Last night I was brushing my teeth, and suddenly I thought, or more like felt, leeches on my tongue.. and i wanted to rub it with toothbrush.. when I did I was like wtf I'm doing, and it creeps me out whole day today, this 'acting like a schizophrenic' was only like for 5 seconds, just felt this, brush, and wtf, but I'm scared that I felt this, I acted like this, so maybe my it's not neurosis but mental illness?

People have weird random thoughts all the time, and often when our mind is 'idling' as we do routine stuff which doesn't require our full attention. It means nothing and certainly isn't a sign of schizophrenia.

I took Depralin for about month but thanks to this I was nervous all the time, had panic attack like I never had

Antidepressants often initially worsen anxiety/panic. It is because they trigger an initial boost in serotonin activity. However, after a few weeks this reverses and serotonin synthesis and expression drops well below baseline in areas of the brain linked to anxiety and depression. It is usually about then that the meds begin to work, though this isn't caused by the decrease in serotonin.

While the initial side-effects can't be totally prevented, starting antidepressants at a low dose and increasing it by small amounts every 7-10 days until the target dose is reached can make it tolerable.

I wonder if meds I took in the past could do some damage in brain and maybe that's why things like this happen to me?

Do you mean the antidepressants you've taken in the past? If so, they are unlikely to have done any damage, just the opposite. Antidepressants work by encouraging the growth of new brain cells to replace those killed or prevented from growing by chronic exposure to stress hormones, particularly cortisol. This takes time which is why it generally takes 3-12 weeks for antidepressants to begin working.

Now I always checking everything many times, and have problem with taking any meds, I'm freaking out even when have to take something even for a simple cold or flu

Unfortunately, med phobia is quite common in those of us with anxiety disorders. Therapy can be a good alternative, but requires considerable ongoing effort.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: