Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: dizziness...vertigo  (Read 303 times)

Offline Shaz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
dizziness...vertigo
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »
Hi,
for the past week i hv felt dizzy, vertigo, nauseous, brain fog, head pressure...think a cold which has now passed brought it on....but a week of this nasty feeling is very horrible...
anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: dizziness...vertigo
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
Hey,

I would say that it is a good chance that the vertigo is related to your cold . . . but it should clear up . . . if not, and this is just because I am in the process of recovering right now, check it out with a doctor . . . . I developed something called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BVVP) . . . ended up in ER because it came on me suddenly and I could not get past it . . . they did a CT scan which was clear, thank goodness . . . so it ends up being a pain in the a*& . . . .there is no known cause but some docs think a viral infection has an impact, etc. In any case, it takes some treatments to reposition crystals that get misplaced and affect the nerves in the inner ear canal and sometimes it takes some time (it's been about 3 weeks for me and I am slowly improving but my doc told me it could take up to 6 or 8 weeks or longer . . . it just depends on the person). . . so, if the vertigo does not clear up in a few more days, check things out with your doc . . . the feeling of vertigo is one of the worst feelings that I have experienced, but if it is temporary, then it is a matter of time . . .let us know how things work out for you . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: dizziness...vertigo
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:47:37 AM »
I had an episode of vertigo a few months back which brought on a nasty anxiety attack.

I ended up having an Inner Ear Infection, which caused my body to be off balance, which caused the vertigo. I would recommend going into your Primary and having them check your ears. I have been taking an allergy med ever since (Claritin) and am doing much better. I was also prescribed something for the dizziness (Meclizine) but haven't had to take it.

Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: