Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 56 times)

Offline Reflections

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi everyone
« on: April 13, 2014, 07:47:43 AM »
I've been suffering from anxiety since age 12. I'm 18 now, and if anything it has worsened significantly since then. A day doesn't go by where I don't feel it in some way or another. I'm hoping to get help and support here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »
Welcoe Reflections.  Yes, you are within a supportive community now.  We have all suffered and are all looking for ways to get those blessed momens ofrelief and understanding about our conditions.

My aniety started when I was about your age and has run on and off throughout my entire life.  i am now a grandmother, so you can see all my fears have been for naught, but it started up  again strongly when my grandchildren were born.  I  think it has something to do with the strong   sense of responsibiity I have for them.  I worry about illnesses and accidents.   

Try to relaax and be with as many people as possible...and  do join the chat room.  It is a supportive group of lovely people.  We are not so different from all the other people in the world, just a bit quirkier.

I hope you are in therapy and taking medication, and please be sure to talk about your condition with people who understand.  THis helps, too.

I wish you all the luck possible in fighting the good fight and enjoying your life.

Julie
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 03:06:53 PM »
Good Afternoon, Reflections

It's definitely a slap in the face when you feel a loss of all control. Anxiety is a powerful barrier that keeps us from wanting and feeling the way we do. It's a mental battle that will never submit until you're back on the saddle again. The best power you have against it is know the reality of certain things... pinpoint what is a major trigger to your problems and view it from a different perspective. overcoming it isn't a day's worth of a work or a stone's throw from tomorrow... but you're 18 years old and it is far more common than you'd ever believe. Know that you've got a far road ahead of you, always look at the plus sides of being young. Go out and do something bad... go out and do something good. be limitless. Anyone would agree that they'd rather do something than do nothing because anxiety sells themselves short. You'll pull through it, it just takes time and forward steps. Coming to this board... going anywhere... is a big first step than to let it bottle up inside of you. Not many people are keen to listening and you will soon be exposed to that... but they don't understand what you're going through so it's pretty much irrelevant in terms of how they add conflict with your anxiety.

Feel free to express further. there isn't one person on this board who is going to judge you no matter what the case may be.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Tags:

anything