Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Constant Feeling Of Being Overwhelmed  (Read 189 times)

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant Feeling Of Being Overwhelmed
« on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:15 PM »
I've had anxiety for the better part of 8 years or so, along with many symptoms is one symptom I'm not sure about---it's a constant feeling of being overwhelmed.  Does anyone know if this is a symptom of anxiety?  Before my anxiety began I was an extremely calm person, nothing could ruffle my feathers. Managing my household was a breeze, working was easy, going to school etc. everything flowed smoothly.  Now, or for the past 8 years I feel so extremely stifled as to what to do in a days time, and I feel very overwhelmed at the thought of doing anything.  I do still manage my household---cooking, cleaning, etc., but it used to be so much easier....no thought went into it, now I feel like I should be a rocket scientist just to figure out what to make for dinner, and it just feels so overwhelming.  This feeling is the absolute worst feelings I have ever experienced with my anxiety.  I have just gone back on Celexa, and I'm so hoping it rectifies itself.

Has anyone else experienced this...do you know if it is caused by anxiety?  Thanks so much! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant Feeling Of Being Overwhelmed
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:47:31 AM »
Anxiety can do this to anybody if the anxiety becomes too much. Another way it can happen is if we don't have any change in our lives. You know. Same thing every day. We can become fed up with it. So maybe try and mix things up a little bit. Not the exact same routine every day. This might be what is really getting to you. Once it wasn't a problem at all. But at times we can look at our lives and question everything we see. Like are we going anywhere at all. Have we made any progress at all. This is were we can start to let things get under our skin. Those things we used to handle with ease. They can annoy us. Bit like the mind saying ' here we go again, same thing, another day '. Maybe just try something new. See if that helps you any.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Shurl102

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant Feeling Of Being Overwhelmed
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 03:17:29 PM »
Totally feel this way.   I just want to get back to my old routine, but my anxiety goes up every time I try to get started.
Bookmark and Share
Shurl

Tags: