Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Severe OCD about neurological disorders and their atributed symptoms  (Read 163 times)

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else here that have what is called sensomotoric-OCD (extreme focus on normal bodily functions)? My obsession is Young Onset Parkinson's Disease, and I constantly monitor my arm swing when walking, my blink rate and fine motor functions (by doing neuro-tests). I do this up til the point that each symptom becomes severly affected by my focus on them. Because of this I've more and more become hesitant to do them at all. So, even blinking my eyes have become hard to do:/

Anyone else with similar problems?
Bookmark and Share
Actual diagnoses;

- OCD (HA and others)
- GAD
- Major depression
- IBS and Gastritis
- Hemisensory symptoms and somatorform disorder

Self diagnosed with;

Bulbar onset ALS, Limb onset ALS, Young onset Parkinsons disease, MS, Rheumatoid arthritis, muscular dystrophia, and so many more....

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe OCD about neurological disorders and their atributed symptoms
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »
Hyperawareness is a real pain.  We are hyperaware, notice a symptom, self test and begin experiencing deficits.  Our minds create the disease symptoms we most worry about.  Common with HA.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline SSG

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 10:17:29 PM »
Hello.  I am hypersensitive to my legs and walking...to the point that I think I've done some damage to my calf.  Last fall I started to obsess about my right leg.  It got so bad that I couldn't remember how to walk properly.  I would think "heel, toe, heel, toe."  I still struggle with it daily, but I finally went on some meds a month or so ago.  I was reluctant because I had a serious reaction to a couple of them last fall when this all began.  These meds seem to be helping some.  I try to relax, and instead of thinking of my right leg...focus on my left leg.  That seems to help get the focus off the right leg...if this makes sense??  Anyway, I totally understand, and I know you will get through this.  When you do, I would love to hear how and what helped you! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 11:43:12 PM »
Ive had this for years. The severity waxes and wanes. Did I say that right?  I have always been hyperaware of bodily functions. I remember when I went through my whole neurological disease obsession. I have had spots on my skin that felt like cold water was running down it, ive had burning spots. The burning spots I still get, it actually hurts to lightly rub whatever spot of skin has the sensation. Even my clothing touching it is uncomfortable. It doesnt happen all the time just now and then. I also had muscle twitches alot or fasciculations as they are called. I still get the twitches from time to time but the good news I guess is Im still alive and I dont fear them anymore so they dont really stick around as long as they used to.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags: real physical pain