Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Moderate shooting pain around lower back of rib, then a jolt  (Read 147 times)

Offline ryanjay

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Moderate shooting pain around lower back of rib, then a jolt
« on: April 12, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »
Today while watching a movie on my computer, i felt a shooting pain around the lower back of my left rib. The pain was moved to the left and then went after a second, followed by my chest jolting without any pain.

What could have caused this? I am feeling alright but i have been having these a few times in my legs for the past few months, the pain feels more like a strong itch and i rubbed the area where the pain was, it felt quite tense and rubbing made it feel much better.

Does anyone know what these are? I was worried it was related to my heart or something due to my chest jolting up. This has happened maybe once or twice in the past when i was under immense stress due to going to a terrible school. This has gone down in occurrence, but i still feel stress from boredom and lack of social support.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryanjay

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Moderate shooting pain around lower back of rib, then a jolt
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:54:20 PM »
I know i probably won't get a reply since i have done two other posts like this lately. Same happened on another site because i got so paranoid about myself i just kept asking over and over again.

I will lastly note that this has only happened when sitting down and during depressive and subconsciously stressed periods. I feel fine but i don't know if this is a common anxiety symptom.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Moderate shooting pain around lower back of rib, then a jolt
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »
My advice is that the first time you experience anything you think might be a heart issue, you should see your doctor to (1) check it out medically and (2) put your mind at ease.  After that when he says "you're fine" then you need to accept that and not worry about it any further.

For those of us with heart anxiety that is the hardest part - accepting that its OK but you still need a medical professional to tell you that.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: