Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach issues x 2 months after having panic attacks  (Read 366 times)

Offline ReleaseMe

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach issues x 2 months after having panic attacks
« on: April 12, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
Hi...new here. I got a bad case of the flu in January (even though I took the vaccine), complete with a severe ear infection for which I took a z pack. Between that and the difficulty with breathing, I started having panic attacks. Shortly thereafter, I started having stomach issues and have been having them since February. It goes from nausea, to mysterious hunger pangs, and now diarrhea. All of this has made the anxiety unbearable, which makes the stomach issues worse. My primary doctor has no real answers and has me set up to go see the GI docs in May. I've been to the ER about 5 times with a sick stomach and anxiety. The doctors there have never once tried to rule out an ulcer or gall bladder. They all seem to think it's anxiety (which it may very well be).

But I'm sick constantly and having a very difficult time working. Zofran nor phenergan help. Omeprazole did nothing. I was put on 0.5 mg Klonopin, which I took once a day for a few weeks, but now it does nothing, so the anxiety is getting bad again, which makes the stomach worse.

Could this all be anxiety related? I'd rather it be that than some major health problem.

Feeling defeated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danimal_44

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach issues x 2 months after having panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 09:23:43 PM »
Yes, it definitely can be anxiety problems. I have had anxiety for the past 2 years and I can assure you that it will mess with your stomach/abdomen in so many ways. And, when I am able to completely calm myself down (which doesn't come too often) my digestive symptoms relax quite a bit.
Bookmark and Share
Stop fighting and start relaxing.

Offline Darkhouss

• Rec's: 0
  • KCCO
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach issues x 2 months after having panic attacks
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 06:57:13 PM »
I also have to vote " yes " on anxiety and panic attacks causing your symptoms. I can have regular BMs for 3-4 days straight , then if I get into a particularly intense string of panic attacks and anxiety I will have stomach pains , nausea  , diarrhea.. Symptoms of IBS basically during my high anxiety , once I gain control of myself and find relaxation everything returns to normal. It may not return to normal overnight , but it will. At least for me.
Bookmark and Share
~ Keep Calm , Carry on ~

Tags: