Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm back to this stupid fear of bipolar  (Read 145 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm back to this stupid fear of bipolar
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:44:37 PM »
I've been happy the past couple of days and had an increase in libido since starting an Anti-Depressant 2 and a half weeks ago.  I'm getting exhausted thinking about all the crap "wrong" with me.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm back to this stupid fear of bipolar
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:46:42 PM »
Does anyone else go through something like this?
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 06:29:17 PM »
What exactly is it about bipolar that scares you? I will tell you first hand it's not much fun, but it is treatable and folks with BP do live long, productive lives with treatment!  For me, it used to be the anxiety of not knowing if i have it or not, but once my psych confirmed the suspicion for the 2nd time, a weight was lifted off my shoulders. 
Kinda like the MS fears.  Some people on this forum HAVE MS and they are fine, and cannot understand why so many others on here get in a tizzy worrying about it. So tell yourself even IF you have BP (and i doubt it, based on your previous posts on the subject), you too will be ok!
Keep talking to a psych/therapist about this fear so you can find strategies in letting this go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
I'm afraid of the deep dark horrible depressions and the super strung out Psychotic Mania.  Whenever I am sad or normal for a little while and then get happy and libido increases for a day or two I freak out.  I start thinking I'm going to go out be super energetic get hooked on drugs and spend all my money and just not give a damn.  It's scary thought, sorry if this is like I'm rubbing in how crappy it could be, but it just scares me.  Just like my fear of Schizophrenia, I imagine sounds and smells, I become very emotionally flat and socially awkward, but I'm aware of it.  But, it still scares even though more likely than not I'm just making these up in my mind.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: