Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am freaking out AGAIN over this mornings BM.  (Read 260 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
I am freaking out AGAIN over this mornings BM.
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »
This is consuming my life. Poop yes poop is making my life hell. This morning I had my usual BM. I didn't feel like I had to go so I made a cup of hot tea which usually stimulates me to go. I went and had soft small almost ribbon like stools. A lot if them that all collected at the bottom of the bowl on too if each other. No blood. I had BAD anxiety yesterday. It was almost like my stool didn't have time to bulk up it just went right through me. It wasn't liquid though very formed just soft and on the thin/ribbon side. I had an Anxiety attacked. I locked my self in ye bathroom sobbing. I couldn't cook my 4 kids and husband breakfast because I have been in the colon cancer forum reading about all the changes in stool shape before diagnosis. I feel like I'm having trouble breathing. I keep replaying my GI telling me I have something serious next Monday (I can't even utter the C word) they told me I will be sedated for my flex sig and I am flat out REFUSING sedation. I want to be awake and hear the whole scope. I want her to be talking to me the whole time.
I'm 26 years old and shouldn't be consumed by this but I am. This is taking me back to around 12 or 13 years old when I found something odd on my breast. It was Christmas time and I was convinced I had breast cancer as I wrote a journal note about how it would be my last Christmas because of "having the C word"

I am tempted to go to the ER and fake symptoms so I can have an abdomal ct to make sure there is no liver mets from CC
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am freaking out AGAIN over this mornings BM.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 11:36:16 AM »
Re: your Christmas time incident when you were little - oddly, I had one, too, around the same age except with me it was a fear of polio which was huge at the time.  I was convinced I had it and everyone was just pretending it was xmas for the little dying girl (me.)  Health anxiety seems to crop up at times when we are supposed to be so happy but we just won't let ourselves be.  I've often ruined vacations, too, with fear there is something wrong with me.
Monday's not far away - I'm having a colonoscopy at 7 AM.  Just think by Monday night we will be all over our ordeals.  I'm sure at your young age you will be fine.  There are many things that can go wrong in the colon and most of them are benign.  Try to relax and give your body a break from all the tension.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:40:53 AM »
Ah please don't do this to yourself Lyndsay.  You the same age as my daughter and it makes me feel bad that you are making yourself so miserable at this great age of your life.   You'd have a lot more symptoms that just that (which really isn't a symptom anyway!  I saw your other post, the poop looks great! Especially the color)  Throughout your life your bowels will change, sometimes for a week, sometimes for YEARS.   I had hard stools for years, then they got soft for years and years, then about 5 years ago they got hard again.  Then once in a while there'll be one about as thin as a cigar.  It happens.   When they are REAL soft they will be thinner, flatter, it's only natural.  I had a flex sig awake and it was nothing - so don't be afraid to be awake, you can even watch it on the screen as he explains things.
You don't want to get unnecessary ct tests with radiation and all that. Just get the flex sig if this is what your doctor deemed a good test for your "symptoms". 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »
I have also had mild intermitte˝t rectal bleeding for 15 months (or at least last February is when I inspect my stool and noticed it) so you can see why I am so worried. Right now I am typing this sobbing in my bathroom while my husband and kids are playing outside. I have kept this CC fear a deep dark secrete. No one knows. My husband knos I have some mild symptoms and that I'm having a sig but has no udea I'm dying inside over it. I hide it well.  I have my whole life. I have had bad HA my whole life but nothing like what I am having with my fear if CC. It's because I have dug so deep online and read so many stories about young people with it that I have truly made my self ill. I just hope that if I had it something would be ore preset after 15 months. My constant charging stool shape is terrifying me. Even though that is so inconclusive with cc
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 12:02:15 PM »
As you know I have already recommended a full colonoscopy.  A sig isn't enough.  With that said, soft stools are very capable of forming ribbons, pencil-like stools.  You have to understand the mechanics.  You have a sphincter under tension...you have a soft stool.  The sphincter will relax with a harder stool.  A soft stool, this will not happen as the diameter of the rectal sphincter will not widen.  The stool takes on the size of sphincter thus a pencil stool.  Extremely common.  Your logic is like saying because you have a cough you have lung cancer.  With that said, when someone is consistently having pencil thin stools I grow a bit more concerned.  That tells me despite the day to day normal variations of stool consistency something is causing the stools to be thin.  Even then  there are a variety of causes that are not cancer.  With all of that said, blood is enough to get you evaluated.  I suspect you will be diagnosed with hemorrhoids and IBS.  But, I would never bet your life on it.  If you must go through the anxiety of a procedure...do it right....get the colonoscopy.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 12:03:24 PM »
As you know I have already recommended a full colonoscopy.  A sig isn't enough.  With that said, soft stools are very capable of forming ribbons, pencil-like stools.  You have to understand the mechanics.  You have a sphincter under tension...you have a soft stool.  The sphincter will relax with a harder stool.  A soft stool, this will not happen as the diameter of the rectal sphincter will not widen.  The stool takes on the size of sphincter thus a pencil stool.  Extremely common.  Your logic is like saying because you have a cough you have lung cancer.  With that said, when someone is consistently having pencil thin stools I grow a bit more concerned.  That tells me despite the day to day normal variations of stool consistency something is causing the stools to be thin.  Even then there are a variety of causes that are not cancer.  With all of that said, blood is enough to get you evaluated.  I suspect you will be diagnosed with hemorrhoids and IBS.  But, I would never bet your life on it.  If you must go through the anxiety of a procedure...do it right....get the colonoscopy.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 12:17:34 PM »
My GI physician who is the head of the GI department at a large regional medical center said that he is not as concerned about the shape of the
stool but the volume of the stool. I just had a colonoscopy in December 2013 and if you have one it will help give you peace of mind and remove any
speculation.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Online patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 12:27:47 PM »
I have occasional blood in my stool - I've had a couple flex sigs, upper endoscopies, colonscopies and even done the camera pill.  End result is that while they can't find the cause of the blood, they didn't find any evidence of cancer, IBS, internal hemorrhoids, polyps or anything either. 

Sometimes it just happens to be that way I guess.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 04:35:40 PM »
How was the camera pill-having one done in 2 weeks and a little scared.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: