Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety and Inferiority?  (Read 134 times)

Offline Arthur_800

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety and Inferiority?
« on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:05 AM »
I'm 16 years old and I have been feeling that I can't find my place at social groups,  that I can't be interesting enough for another people. First, I think my way to pursuit interests is twisted in relation to how other people do it. I like fantasy stories, games, arts and everything, but mostly of the o time I just can't search for new things. Even the not-so-nice guys in my classroom must have watched way more films than me. And when I turn to my true friends, I get really overwhelmed because they know WAAAAAAY MORE things than I do, and I feel dull and boring. On everything: books, films, sitcoms etc. And I feel so confused because their likings match with mine, but I just can't go looking for I want, as if I were procastinating against my own interests! Well, I like to make people laugh and I can do it rather easily, and I have a penchant for everything science-related, but even then; I feel that I could never get deep knowledge in the fields I like. And this year is making this problem worse, because I'm very busy with calculus courses and other preparatory courses from high school; I want to make a "final sprint" so I can reach university for sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and Inferiority?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:53:09 AM »
Just be yourself. Don't be something you are not. You have your likes. Just as I have mine. If I know more than you that doesn't make me any more smarter than you are. You mentioned some things you are doing in school. I wouldn't have a clue about such things. So you are one intelligent person. Just try and relax it up some. Take a deep breath. Take you time and I bet you can talk about the things you like to watch on TV and the things you like to read too. It is not all about who reads the most and who watches the most. Plenty of TV sitcoms that are the in thing right now that I have no idea about. Not a problem to me. I am not trying my hardest to impress anybody. Just do what you like doing. And remember that your school work always comes first. That will determine your future. So just try and relax it up a bit around others. There is no need to be one step ahead of them all. Who cares if they watch more TV than you do. That won't be part of your final exams. If they are real friends they will like you for who you are. Not what you know.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Arthur_800

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and Inferiority?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:12:55 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Cuchculan! Thing is, I kind of figured the situation out : most of the time I dont care that much about how knowledgeable are the ones who live close to me, but I'm feeling attracted by a girl which appears to be very intelligent; but while we seem to have some interests in common(drawing, games, etc), I get overwhelmed by a thought: I see all those interesting friends she has ; most of them must have traveled the world at least twice and read tons of books, why would she become interested in a awkward and dull nerd like me? And if somehow I establish some relationship with her, is she going to be happy knowing that I am way less interesting than the rest of her friends? I know that thinking like that is wrong, but I cannot help it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: