Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Morning Anxiety  (Read 358 times)

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Morning Anxiety
« on: April 12, 2014, 07:34:20 AM »
I notice my anxiety is way worse upon waking.
I will wake up and almost immediately start shaking and being unable to sit still and/or lay in bed. I have to get up.

When I spoke to my Dr. about this on Monday she suggested taking a Klonopin upon waking, which I've been doing. It does take a bit to kick in but once it does, I'm usually good for the rest of the day. I'm also on Zoloft (50mgs for 2 years).

I sleep pretty well. I have a 1 year old who still wakes at least once per night, but other than that we sleep fine. I find my morning anxiety to be way worse when I'm having an anxiety flare up (i.e.: this past week) and then when I'm not having a flare up, I'm usually fine.

I just find it so weird how I can go to bed nice and calm and relaxed, but wake up and panic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Morning Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:12:23 PM »
That's me.... I am so tired of waking up with so much anxiety... It's like as soon as I open my eyes the panic starts.... all the anxious feelings start.... it's terrible. I need to start meds soon!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 07:54:50 PM »
Count me in on this too!:) Every morning I wake up with shaking in my whole body and a feeling of internal tremor too, it generates quite a fair amount of adrenaline though, so it's good for people like me who normaly can't get out of bed:)

I guess it could be a sign of things brewing in the sub-conciousness, but that's for my therapist too find out:D
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline Purple22

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »
I could relate to it. I used to wake up early and take klonopin, and went back to sleep. It does it takes a bit to kick in and it makes a difference, but it would be good if there was no anxiety in the morning. I'm still trying to work on that.
Bookmark and Share
Courage is knowing what not to fear. -Plato #courage

Offline Possum-Pie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 02:43:01 PM »
I put my Klonopin under my tongue.  It isn't bitter like other meds, a little sweet actually.  It kicks in much quicker, like in 2-3 min. instead of a half hour.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shurl102

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 03:03:42 PM »
I also wake up with anxiety.  I don't want to get out of bed even.  I will stay in bed all day to avoid the anxiety only getting up to use the bathroom.  The Klonopin only works for a while.  I just started other meds, hope the kick in soon.
Bookmark and Share
Shurl

Offline treborkazels

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »
You guys mention klonopin - is that a benzodiazepine ??  Is it like lorazepam.  Is it better ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Possum-Pie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 05:35:21 AM »
You guys mention klonopin - is that a benzodiazepine ??  Is it like lorazepam.  Is it better ?

Klonopin (Clonazepam) is a Benzodiazepine like Xanax, Ativan, Valium, etc.  It is useful for anxiety and seizures.  Highly addictive if taken every day, the effects wear off sooner, and people find that they need more and more just to stay calm. Many doctors prescribe it 3 or even 4 times a day.  The brain develops a tolerance and the starting dose stops working.  Increased dosing will only help for so long, then, rather than helping with anxiety, it only staves off the panic until the next dose is taken.  I think of it as whiskey in a pill form.  A little occasionally can take the edge off, taken 3 times a day every day makes you an addict... JMO

Having said that, it is a very useful medication if only taken as needed. When anxiety becomes worse, a Klonopin can be a wonderful tool in helping you deal with the scarey feelings.  It is not "better" than Lorazepam, or any other Benzo, just a little different. They are all in the same class.

Be very careful driving or doing dangerous activities b/c it has effects similar to alcohol such as unsteadiness, slow reflexes, slurred speech, drowsiness and impaired judgement.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 07:04:28 AM »
Klonopin is longer lasting than most of the benzos out there. It can be addictive - especially if you have an addictive personality.

Don't like Possum's post scare you - it's not a "scary" drug, it's actually really helped a lot of people who know how to use it correctly. I've been on/off of it for years and I'm still only taking a 1/2 of a pill.

The main difference between Klonopin and Lorazepam is that it takes a lot longer to kick in - sometimes I don't feel the affects for about an hour, so it's not helpful in the midst of an attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 05:07:26 PM »
I encourage you to read the posts by Insights regarding klonopin and the benzodiazepines. I think his posts will educate you about these medicines.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 02:08:59 AM »
I to suffer from morning anxiety and night anxiety I get jolted awake some nights from panic attacks but most morning I have to wake up and take an ativan.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Possum-Pie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 06:38:28 AM »
Klonopin is longer lasting than most of the benzos out there. It can be addictive - especially if you have an addictive personality.

Don't like Possum's post scare you - it's not a "scary" drug, it's actually really helped a lot of people who know how to use it correctly. I've been on/off of it for years and I'm still only taking a 1/2 of a pill.

The main difference between Klonopin and Lorazepam is that it takes a lot longer to kick in - sometimes I don't feel the affects for about an hour, so it's not helpful in the midst of an attack.

You mis-understood my post. I start out by saying it can be a wonderful medication.  Like any addictive substance, the feedback loop of taking more b/c the current dose isn't working CAN spiral you into addiction.  I have taken Klonopin for 20 years as a PRN (as needed) med.  I have never become addicted to it.  BUT as you said, if you have an addictive personality, Clonazepam or any benzo can become addictive.
I have worked in mental health for 26 years and have never found someone who took benzo's every day and didn't have a problem...  As an "as needed" it is a miracle drug, as a 3 times/day for several months and it quickly builds a tolerance.

Also, Klonopin sub-lingually (under the tongue) starts working within 5 min.  That is NOT longer than Ativan or Xanax.  One reason I stayed on the Klonopin was b/c I could stick it under my tongue, it wasn't bitter at all, and it worked when I needed it...immediately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline afj0823

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 06:54:43 PM »
Im in the same boat. I wake up almost every morning like this. The only thing that helps is if I take clonazepam 0.25odt and then I have to get atleast 8 hrs rest. If I don't sleep enough I always wake up feeling dizzy, and like im moving, or pulsating. It is very uncomfortable and makes getting ready hard.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: