Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Greetings from Canada  (Read 67 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Greetings from Canada
« on: April 12, 2014, 02:27:34 AM »
Hi all :action-smiley-065:

I'm MikeysGrrrl and my reason for joining this site is because I'm looking to connect with others who experience and understand the ups and downs of both depression and anxiety.

Although I have a wonderful husband whom is supportive and tries incredibly hard to understand what I'm going through, he just doesn't get it quite like a fellow sufferer does.

I look forward to reading everyone's thread and participating in some fantastic conversations :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Greetings from Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 11:56:56 AM »
Hi MikeysGrrrl...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made ten meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

I sure know what you mean, MG, about connecting with individuals who deal with the ups and downs of anxiety and depression.  They have an understanding of these disorders that those that don't, can't understand.  I have the best brother-in-law in the world, but he is of the old mentality that I should just be able to pull myself up by the boot straps, and go on my merry way.  If it was that easy, all of us here would do that, and this site wouldn't even exist.

I have made some wonderful, understanding friends here on the Anxiety Zone site, and I know that a few of them will be lifelong friends.  I have also learned so much about anxiety and depression, and their forms of treatment.  To me, Knowledge is power, so sections on the forum like "Medications and Therapy"  have proved me much knowledge, and this has empowered me.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, MikeysGrrrl!  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Greetings from Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
Oh, by-the-way...  I live in the States, but just love Canada! :yes: