Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Low Heart Rate [Waking]  (Read 124 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Low Heart Rate [Waking]
« on: April 11, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »
This is weird. I had the weirdest sorta nap that just happened. I've been walking pretty much all day and came home and rested about a couple hours after that. I'd been having a bit of an abnormally cool body all day, and sometimes when I moved in bed, my heart would pound. I fell asleep. I woke up with a cooled body [normal temp, mind you, my body just felt cool] and my heart rate WAY below normal. 56 bpm. I'm more awake now and it's in the realm of 52-56 bpm and I'm freaked out because it's usually in the 70's-80's. I tried a couple times and it still seems to be low or even dropping. :( The pulse seems to stop for a full second and start back up again, and that's worrying because I've never had that happen before. I came out of the shower and my body still feels cooled. Maybe I'm taking my pulse wrong? Although I doubt it, because I'm counting on my wrist. I'm not athletic, so this is odd. Anyone else have this happen? I'm a bit freaked out about it. I feel kinda hazy, but that could be from the abrupt nap.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Xosammy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Low Heart Rate [Waking]
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 11:22:21 PM »
I usually count on my neck. I can feel it better that way. And just count every beat for a full minute. See if that makes a difference
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 08:31:47 AM »
A resting heart rate in the 50's is typically nothing to be concerned about.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline ahefner33

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »
I have this exact same thing. Its actually what started my whole worry over my health when a Dr. did a 24/hr holter on me and found my heart rate getting in the 30's. But to this day I still have a very low heart rate, especially when waking 45-55 with also the ecotopic beats that feel like palpitations. Dr. told me that the cause is what they call PVC's, so a premature beat so its actually not skipping, but waiting to reset for the next beat since you had two beats in a row. With the low heart rate, the only time this can be worrisome is if you are symptomatic like you feel like your going to pass out,dizzy, or extremely short of breath. Bare mind though these can also occur when you have anxiety because of this which usually is why its good to just get a doc to check it out. But yeah I get low heart rate resting or even standing. Also, heart rate will vary so much so alot depends on what you just did or whats happening with you when you check it. For eg if you had eaten prior and then had checked it it could have been up or if you didnt get a good night sleep, it will cause you sometimes to have a higher than normal heart rate which you probably are using as your base. Dr. also told me if your heart responds to exertion, meaning goes up when you exert yourself then usually thats a sign you dont have a worrisome bradycardia.
Bookmark and Share
Live

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 04:56:32 PM »
My HR is usually around 100 normally, and I had just woken up. I ended up feeling okay later in the night. I hate hate hate having cardiochondria.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline ahefner33

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 05:56:45 PM »
So many things can effect your HR. If you insist on checking, always check in the morning right when you wake up and before eating. This will be your base resting HR.

Yeah cardiophobia sucks. Im this most cheerful enlighted person on my days I dont have symptoms lol
Bookmark and Share
Live

Tags: