Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety from missing a girl, any help would be appreciated  (Read 128 times)

Offline GregVelo

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety from missing a girl, any help would be appreciated
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:09:59 AM »
Hi. I'm Greg, I'm 21 and I'm new on the forum.
Recently I've started to date this girl and I like her a lot. Officialy we're not together yet, but it's clear we both have feelings. Everything seems to be great,  but in the last period I started to develop some symptoms that really mess me up, and they scare me: when Iím not with her, I start missing her too much, anxiety kicks in without a particular reason and I can't do anything 'cause I can't focus and I lose control; everything reminds me of her, even the little things. I canít handle it, because I try, but still nothing. Itís like a brutal craving that lasts hours. The only thing that seems to lessen it, is hanging out with someone or when I am at work. I have lots of hobbies, but none of them work because I canít concentrate on them. Itís like an addiction, the more I spend time with her the more these attacks become powerful. The only thing Iíd like to do in those moments is be with her, but I know there is no point in that.
Have you ever experienced something like that or am I the only one? If you have, do you suggest me something? Thanks for your time, I really appreciate any kind of help here.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety from missing a girl, any help would be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:18:51 AM »
Maybe there is just some kind of fear of allowing yourself to get close to this one person. This is one thing that a lot of people can get. They let themselves go and allow someone into their lives they have this fear which is mainly of loss. Been let down. Or them letting the other person down. Most times they begin to question if they should continue to see the person. I suppose the question would be can you handle a relationship, if it went that far? It seems you worry about her more when you are not with her. We could also have an attachment issue going on here. She is like your safety blanket. When you are with her you feel safe. She is not there and you begin to panic. You have to figure out what is best for your own health. Will seen her more ease your fears or make them worse? The fact that it is not officially a relationship as of yet might be part of the issue. That you could lose her. Maybe making it official would ease things up a bit.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline GregVelo

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety from missing a girl, any help would be appreciated
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it and I agree with what you said. I think that formalizing the relationship is what I have to do right now, most of the issue comes from this. Thank you again for your precious help.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: