Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Medication interactions  (Read 98 times)

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
Medication interactions
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:04:47 AM »
So I'm taking 40mg of celexa, and 50mg of vistaril, and sometimes 0.5mg of klonopin. But now I have a bad cold and the symptoms are killing me, I need to take meds for it, but I'm afraid of interaction. I've done some research as well as have been advised by my Doc (previously) that I cannot take any cold meds with dextromethorphan so my question is What cold meds are available that won't interact with what I'm currently taking?
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline insights

• Rec's: 87
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Medication interactions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »
What cold meds are available that won't interact with what I'm currently taking?

I don't know, but your pharmacist will be able to help you with this. However, cold remedies don't do that much. Most of their 'effectiveness' comes from the antihistamine ingredients and you're already taking a powerful one in Vistaril. A lemon and honey drink should help with the cough.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
Re: Medication interactions
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:05:33 PM »
@insights, thanks for your help,I did talk with my pharmacist and found that as you've said the vistaril is a strong antihistamine, and other meds would just be useless. She did say however if I just had to I could use some plain robitussin, and it shouldn't have an interaction..anyways thanks again as always

Peace and blessings
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...