Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I dont have anxiety, but i do?  (Read 119 times)

Offline swoosh94

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I dont have anxiety, but i do?
« on: April 11, 2014, 08:25:42 AM »
Whats up guys,

For the past 3 weeks, i have been having a battle with my own mind. Its like having a conversation with myself. One person saying you have anxiety and concentrates on it, where as the other says you do not stop thinking about it. it started off as something so small into something that now upsets me.

It started when i went grocery shopping. While i was shopping, for a split moment I had a spacey feeling. I had thoughts like what is this, stop thinking about it etc. Ever since then it seemed to have gotten worse and it has been causing me stress. I could be minding my own business watching a video or doing an activity and my mind will say 'you have anxiety' in any situation. I can try to ignore it but thought suppression was the reason it had gotten so big.

What is even more weird is that, i know that nothing is wrong, i know that it shouldnt be taken serious. However my  mind doesnt agree, it just likes to almost scare me saying that I have a problem. It is almost like I cannot take control of my own mind.

I live a healthy life, im not on any medication and this has come out of nowhere. the fact that something so small is playing a huge part in my life makes me feel worse about it like 'why cant i be normal?'

Any advice would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline swoosh94

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I dont have anxiety, but i do?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »
bump?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: I dont have anxiety, but i do?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »
When these things first hit we don't want to accept that it is anxiety. Anxiety = mental health. Mental health = Problems of the mind. Big stigma involved to the whole area. That spacey feeling is derealization. It is a very common symptom of anxiety. Here is where we may differ a bit. I am not a believer that these things just start out of nowhere. I think everything has a cause. You might not know what that cause is as of yet. But I am sure there is one there somewhere. The battle of the body and the mind. I have fought that one many a time. Really it can be all about your next steps. If you accept you have anxiety and get help you can live a fully productive life. Or do you sit and wait and see does it go away by itself? I think by now the seed is already sown within your mind. So at least maybe try and speak to someone who can help you out. I am not telling you to run to a doctor and jump at the chance of medication. That is not always the first and best answer. It doesn't seem like your anxiety is that bad. Therapy alone could help sort your situation out. Once you get in there early enough. We have all been there. Wondering what others would think if they ever found out. Those sort of thoughts. This stuff only happens to mad people. This stuff can happen to anybody. Sorted out early it can be fixed up.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: