Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bizzare thoguths - anxiety or psychosis?  (Read 543 times)

Offline Lana555

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bizzare thoguths - anxiety or psychosis?
« on: April 11, 2014, 07:26:01 AM »
Hello people. Sorry for bad English
I just wanted to ask,for example there are days when I wake up with strong fear with no reason at all. Lat night before I get to sleep I got bizzare picture of my bones on plate!!!! I mean wtf is this s.it? Why do I have these disgusting,horrific thoughts. Are they are part of anxiety or it is a onset of psychosis. I know they are just thoughts but they make me feel like I'm insane. I also had thoughts "what if?" like "what if I go crazy,what if I kill my familly" then intrusive thoughts about incest,disgusting! ..etc.

I spend too much time in my head analyzing everything,so I'm trying to enjoy the moment and keep calming myself "hey,they are just stupid thoughts,don't worry" But am'I right? The photo in my head of my bones on the table doesn't sound like normal to me. Maybe it's because I have read and watch in the past too many bad and disturbing news,horror movies or something.

Please tell me should I be worried? I'm fine now,but I'm scared I will get even more bizzare thoughts. Can bizzare thoughts make me feel so anxious that I  became insane?
I'm 28 year old female,and I have read females get psychosis or schizophrenia in late 20 or 30 years . So I'm scared because I'am in those ages right now.
Regards to all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline angsty

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bizzare thoguths - anxiety or psychosis?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 08:02:06 PM »
What you're experiencing is often part of anxiety or OCD. It's called intrusive thoughts. I too have had the thoughts regarding sexual things (incest), weird sh!t like the bones on a plate and so on. I also feared developing schizophrenia and other psychosis when I was in the age bracket where they usually appear. You are totally 100% normal, I promise! What you're experiencing is very much a part of the anxiety. When the intrusive thoughts show up, try to be non-judgmental of them. I know it's hard to do that, but try to think of it like this "Oh, that's an intrusive thought. OK, I'm just going to let it pass on by." Don't give it any thought or power. Just notice it's there and go on. That has helped me with those types of thoughts and also, just knowing they're a normal part of the anxiety helps too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »
I don't feel like typing all of this (feeling extreme depression at the moment) so I thought I would just post a video I made about this....
Hopefully this will help you ;)

"Living with Health Anxiety - Fear of Going Insane"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L6nU5vJpvs
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline Lana555

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 07:49:32 AM »
angsty THANK YOU SO MUCH! You gave me so good advice, I feel much better now knowing other people have similar s.it going on in their heads. I'm not happy you have it too,it's just gave me hope we can live normal with that.

The only problem with these thoughts is that I lost somehow selfcoinfidence,I watch other women of my ages who smile,going to shooping,coocing etc.living normal lives,and then I tink ,they are all fine and good,they are living in the moment ,so I feel insane and less worth compared to them,because I'm sure they do not have these thoughts for example. As I'm not worth as human because if I told my thoughts to people without intrusive thoughts,they would say "you are sick" lol. But,I will try to not to hate myself because of that.

Christina,thanks for the video,really nice,I hope you gonna feel better too,please do not give up,never. My English is terrible,but I hope you uderstand,I'm from Serbia and our famous nobel prize writter told this: "With internal struggle that  man fought up in himself and the unknown forces in himself, applies more than anywhere rule: Do not give up ever."
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 02:18:35 AM »
Sounds just like me I analyze everything way to much and it just causes me to feel worse I lay in bed at night and all sorts of weird stuff pops in my head it's hard to sleep I have to watch TV and that helps clear my head
Bookmark and Share

Tags: