Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: chest pains and numbness of arm.  (Read 128 times)

Offline darkerqt1

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
chest pains and numbness of arm.
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:12:41 AM »
So I had bad anxiety for a long time and did the research thing where I would look online find symptoms and be sure I had that disease or condition. I once went to the ER 9 times in one month. I got through that stage of life and just suffered from minor anxiety. I was scared to drive a car by myself or be alone for fear of getting a panic attack. But at least by this point in my life I new they were just panic attacks and I wasn't dying. I overcame all of that slowly. I could drive go to work and stopped thinking that I was going to have a panic attack. Now my anxiety has started coming back. I feel as though I am going to have a heart attack. I get chest pains and my left arm goes numb sometimes. I went to the ER the other day and they told me that I was A OK. I have been dealing with this the last few weeks now and it isn't going away. I smoke cigarettes so I keep thinking I have heart disease or that will give me a heart attack when I eat pizza or other food I feel like the junk food will do it. 5 years now since I have searched the internet for symptoms and I am still refraining from doing it because I know nothing good ever comes from that. I have learned some of my chest pain was actually do to gas and such. My question is can anxiety cause your mind to really have the symptoms? I have been cleared only two weeks ago and everything I have in me tells me it is just anxiety coming back and that this isn't real but the symptoms are real. can your brain cause this symptoms to become real?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: chest pains and numbness of arm.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:04:00 AM »
One time I was at home, and suddenly my cehst started to feel weird. then it started to hurt, badly, on the left side. it shot through my back and shoulders too. I went to the ER. Turns out, I had an extremely minor heart condition - Mitral Valve Prolapse (the safest kind, which has a click but not a murmur, which means its benign.) But the thing is, it's impossible for it to cause that sort of pain. or any pain.

I was jsut so terrified that I generated that pain on my own. I was sore for days after. So I can say without question that your mind can manifest these symptoms out of nothing but fear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline darkerqt1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:27:46 AM »
My sister has that condition. and I have an av block in my heart which the doctors say you can go your whole life with and not have any problems and if you do develop problems it would be heart failure which is fluid surrounding your heart and has none of the symptoms of heart attack. you would find it hard to breath for one and I can breath just fine. since I went to the ER two weeks ago and they say the test came back fine and I ended up leaving with a script for vistaril they were pretty sure I was just having anxiety. however every day since I still have off and on chest pain and arm wil hurt or go numb. normally not at the same time. but after being rid of this curse for years now and it coming back I forget how real the symptoms get and how you can end up convincing yourself into a panic attack that something is wrong. I will say it gives me great comfort to be able to cme back to this site and still be able to talk with people about my illogical fears. I attribute this site for keeping me calm and relieving a lot of my anxiety in the past and helping me through it when I had beat it. Now I am back and I hope my fears don't grow and I can continue living a simi normal life.
Bookmark and Share

Online forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »
what test show the av block ? I have had a echo of the heart 3 yrs ago and it was normal and I have had more than one ekg. I don't have severe symptoms but I always fear there is something wrong. I have a hard time making myself believe I am alright. I can't stand to hear the word heart attack and some can be not severe I wish I could stop worrying about it. I have phobias and need to face them and this is holding me back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline darkerqt1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
It was picked up on a EKG and I did a ultrasound of my heart and it was just confirmed but they told me that people who have this can go a whole life with no problems. If it wasn't picked up on an EKG I wouldn't worry about it. I worry about heart attacks too but the thing I know I have doesn't bother me because I know it wont cause a heart attack. I have chest pain a lot too. But it goes away every time. Just hang in there my friend
Bookmark and Share

Tags: