Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Bend head down, feel dizzy-ish when I raise it again  (Read 184 times)

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bend head down, feel dizzy-ish when I raise it again
« on: April 10, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »
So what causes this? My head feels kinda heavy, and when I lean over and then stand back up I have to steady myself, and for maybe a full hour afterwards I can't look down without feeling kinda dizzy/vertigo-ish...like I'm being pulled down? Is it inner ear? My eye movement can sometimes affect it slightly, too, almost like car sickness. I've just been to the doctor to have a benign mole removed (for cosmetic reasons, not HA) so I don't really want to go again. Thanks for any help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sweetpea8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bend head down, feel dizzy-ish when I raise it again
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 02:10:58 AM »
I get this a lot. Sometimes it happens when I am in a grocery store, the florescent lights cause it. Other times it happens at home. I think it may be sinus related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 08:27:37 AM »
I am wondering about sinuses too. I recently had vertigo along with some nausea, which I think was an inner ear/sinus combo, but it went away after a few days rest and good sleep. This 'bend over, stand up and feel off-balance' thing is new, and very irritating. I am more irritated than anything...I hope it goes quickly.  :( Thanks for your reply.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 03:15:58 PM »
So this is back again. It seems to be accompanied by a pulsing/throbbing in my right ear. I had to pick up something heavy and strained (kind of the same way you, uh, might push when you're on the toilet, if that helps,) and now I feel this wobbliness again, like holding my head up in water or something. Could it be blood pressure or something? The pulsing in the ear seemed to be present last time only I didn't connect the two.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 03:33:19 PM »
sounds like sinus or ear pressure difficulties. Right now there is an ongoing extremely rapid weather change (and air pressure change) across the entire country. So anyone who is sensitive to these things, or is susceptible to vertigo, is having a miserable time at the moment. I know I am.

Incidentally, the time when you first noted it (the 10th) was the day the major weather change started. Today is the tail end of that, resulting in yet another air pressure change as it returns to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »
Hmm...when I walk into a room full of computers, I feel a pressure pain on top of my head, like air feels different - is this the same sort of thing? I always thought it was in my head but maybe I have a dodgy ear drum or something? Right now I have a slight headache at the centre of my forehead, too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 04:47:57 PM »
Could be sinuses or inner ear infection or maybe allergies
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I am feeling a little better now, took some paracetamol earlier. Perhaps the pain between my eyes means that it's sinus related - maybe they're putting pressure on my inner ears? I dunno :( All I know is that it's horrible, and it couldn't come at a worse time as I am trying to study. How can you concentrate when moving your head even slightly one way makes you feel like you're going off-balance? The ear throbbing, when it happens is also very irritating, like my heart is suddenly in my ear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 09:14:40 PM »
I get this, glad I'm not the only one. apparently my sinuses are a mess glad to see that is likely the cause
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Tags: