Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: AADD  (Read 221 times)

Offline rodan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
AADD
« on: April 10, 2014, 08:25:09 AM »
Test results for testing for ADD. I tested 75, which I was told I have AADD, ( Adult Attention Deficit Disorder). 
Results were forwarded to my family doctor.

Family doctor put me on 75 mg of Zoloft ( sertraline ), for anxiety depression. Have been on it seven weeks now, I'm sure he will increase this to 100 mg.

What is the likely medicine he will put me on for AADD?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: AADD
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »
Stimulants are the most common type of medication prescribed for attention deficit disorder. They have the longest track record for treating ADD/ADHD and the most research to back up their effectiveness. The stimulant class of medication includes widely used drugs such as Ritalin, Adderall, and Dexedrine.

Stimulants are believed to work by increasing dopamine levels in the brain. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter associated with motivation, pleasure, attention, and movement. For many people with ADD or ADHD, stimulant medications boost concentration and focus while reducing hyperactive and impulsive behaviours.

Stimulants for ADD/ADHD come in both short- and long-acting dosages. Short-acting stimulants peak after several hours, and must be taken 2-3 times a day. Long-acting or extended-release stimulants last 8-12 hours, and are usually taken just once a day.

The long-acting versions of ADD/ADHD medication are often preferred, since people with ADHD often have trouble remembering to take their pills. Taking just one dose a day is much easier and more convenient.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline rodan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: AADD
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »
Thank you for the information.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything