Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pride aside!! TMI picture. Extreme rectal cancer fears.  (Read 824 times)

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Pride aside!! TMI picture. Extreme rectal cancer fears.
« on: April 10, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »
It took a long time for me to decide to do this and I will probably never post here again but I need opinions. So the fear of colon or retcal cancer has consumed my every waking hour for 15 months. I saw a GI who told me she is sure my symptoms are internal hemorrhoids (while I have and prolapse with bowel movements) but sometimes when I have easy to pass stool I see a "groove" line. My stools are also "thinner" since switching to a high fiber diet and consuming a lot of water. I have a BM every morning easy to pass and no bleeding. However they look like the picture I a posting. Is this thin stools? And the groove is present on one. My hems could possibly be the cause because they are right at the anal opening and pretty big. They retract back inside after I get of the toilet. The stool 100% no doubt passed over the hemorroids. Haven't had bleeding in a while but have had bright bright very small streaks on some BMs. Usually the last to pass. IM going out of my mind. My GI said she would do a flex sig scope and I'm trying I build up the strength to face my fears of hearing I have CC.
View pictures at your own risk :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pride aside!! TMI picture. Extreme rectal cancer fears.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 08:30:56 AM »
My GI physician told me that it is not the look of the stool, but the volume.
At 28 your chances of cancer are remote. If you are concerned, I would opt for the
colonoscopy over the flex sig, to remove any doubts you may have. I also do not see
any attachments.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Online Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:41:54 AM »
I think the picture has to be approved before others can see it. Because I can see it! I want I have the scope I am just to afraid to hear its something I have fears since childhood (the C word) I'm 26 an have so much more to do in this world.
I will tell you though my SH*T has absolutely had complete control over my life since last January.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:23:46 AM »
My GI physician told me that stress can wreck havoc with your digestive system and odds are that is
what is happening to you.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »
Forget a flex sig - get a colonoscopy! Have them look at the entire large intestine to put your mind at ease.  :yes: I've had 2 with no problems.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 01:19:34 PM »
I have a flex sig now scheduled for April 21. Why did you have a colonoscopy if you don't mind me asking
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »
I have a flex sig now scheduled for April 21. Why did you have a colonoscopy if you don't mind me asking

Sure, I don't mind! In '07 I was having 6-7 loose BM's per day with occasional severe cramping. This went on for 6 months so I finally went to a GI Dr. I mentioned to him in additional to that, in 2000 I was having 5+ BM's/day that were nothing but blood. It eventually went away after almost a year on it's own. How I didn't have HA then is beyond me! GI said let's do a colonoscopy. After scope he said I have Ulcerative Colitis + hemmies. Tried Rx meds, they made me MORE sick. Quit all Rx meds. Became pregnant, then did all natural therapy with a holistic Dr. by the time I had 2nd scope in 2010 my colon was normal! If you want any details about anything just ask, I'm not embarrassed!  :bigsmile:

Flex sig is only going to show you whats going on in the very end of your colon. I would rather get knocked out and get the whole picture.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 02:09:27 AM »
Amazing what HA does to a person.  5x a day, nothing but blood...just waited for that to go away!  But now a possibly unusual stool shape (I can't see the pic either, so I have no idea) has you fearing the worst!  What a fun life we lead.

"Thin" stool I think generally means like a pencil.  (And even those on occasion can be normal; I've had 'em over the years, and for all my health weirdness I'm pretty sure I haven't had colon cancer all this time!)
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 07:17:58 AM »
Mine is no where pencil thin, but before making changes to my set had passed extremely hard and wide stool that hurt when passing. This is probably quarter sized in diameter and several pieces not one huge wide piece before fiber and ground flax seed.  I have never passed nothing but blood and have only seen blood in the water separate from stool during a bad stomach flu my family passed around and that resolved with in a couple hours and I have never seen it again. Any thing after their was very very small (one streak) on on piece if stool. I was witnessed one of my externals bleeding  but its such a small amount. 

My picture is still awaiting approval. Ill try to post again!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dragi316

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »
Honestly this looks like a very normal stool. You really don't need to worry
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
I'm having a break down right now. Crying shaking hard to catch my breath. I'm so afraid I have advaned or stage Iv CC. I have a scope next Monday and I'm so scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
To be fair I am no expert, but it looks pretty normal to me. I have seen similar-looking stools, it can be stress or diet that makes them look a certain way, but there's no way I'd look at that and think 'there's something abnormal there'. I think, though, that you're never going to be satisfied until you get the all clear from a doctor, so go and get yourself checked out just to put your mind at rest.

But I repeat: it appears normal to me and I am sure you are fine.
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »
Hi Lyndsey, well your poop looks good to me, I've pooped poop like that many times before.  And the groove in your poop---I have a two grooves in mine which I think are hemmeroids (spelling?) because my doctor did check my bottom before after I had a bleeding incident and said she saw two of them (inner).  I was concerned at first about the grooves, but I came to the understanding that they are hem's.  I forgot to mention it to my doc. at my physical though.
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 11:58:27 AM »
Forgot to say, I don't think there is anything wrong with your colon....once you get the all-clear (which I have no doubt you will) you should get help for getting your HA under control, because that is the real problem here.  And I say that with all due respect, so please don't take it wrong :)

Take care!
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »
Thank you! I have horrible hemorrhoids. Not really painful but defiantly large and visable during BMs.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: