Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pride aside!! TMI picture. Extreme rectal cancer fears.  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pride aside!! TMI picture. Extreme rectal cancer fears.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
I'm having a break down right now. Crying shaking hard to catch my breath. I'm so afraid I have advaned or stage Iv CC. I have a scope next Monday and I'm so scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
To be fair I am no expert, but it looks pretty normal to me. I have seen similar-looking stools, it can be stress or diet that makes them look a certain way, but there's no way I'd look at that and think 'there's something abnormal there'. I think, though, that you're never going to be satisfied until you get the all clear from a doctor, so go and get yourself checked out just to put your mind at rest.

But I repeat: it appears normal to me and I am sure you are fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »
Hi Lyndsey, well your poop looks good to me, I've pooped poop like that many times before.  And the groove in your poop---I have a two grooves in mine which I think are hemmeroids (spelling?) because my doctor did check my bottom before after I had a bleeding incident and said she saw two of them (inner).  I was concerned at first about the grooves, but I came to the understanding that they are hem's.  I forgot to mention it to my doc. at my physical though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 11:58:27 AM »
Forgot to say, I don't think there is anything wrong with your colon....once you get the all-clear (which I have no doubt you will) you should get help for getting your HA under control, because that is the real problem here.  And I say that with all due respect, so please don't take it wrong :)

Take care!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »
Thank you! I have horrible hemorrhoids. Not really painful but defiantly large and visable during BMs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 79
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »
All looks good to me.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »
Your bowel movement looks completely normal.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 07:51:14 AM »
To me - that looks normal. It doesn't look thin at all, and the color is fine.

I have hemmie from giving birth and for months and months after I had my daughter I would poop and then look in the toilet and it would just be red. It was terrifying and the Dr did a rectal exam and saw the hemmies. I had such a big one from pushing that although it shrunk it left a tag that would get broken open when I had a harder stool. I started using witch hazel pads after every BM and they have cleared up for the most part.

Have you had a Fecal Occult Test - where they test for blood in the stool and not just on the outside?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 08:19:42 AM »
I have never had a true fecal occult test. My GP did. Digital recital exam and then rubbed her finger on the occult card and that was negative but I don't think that's an accurate way to do it. I was upset when I saw the Gastro too because I was hoping she would do the simple anoscopy to look into side the rectum and see internal hems. That would have relaxed me so much. I can see my hems while sitting on the toilet and using a mirror and light but having a doctor also look and agree would make me feel so much better and would have made my upcoming scope so much more relaxing. She didn't even proform a DRE??? Come on now seriously? She is a Gastro. She was very nice though so that's why I am sticking with her. What was your hemorrhoid bleeding like? How long did it last? Mine is very intermittent and very light. Only time it was "heavy" was with bad dirreah from a stomach bug. It was in the toilet around the stool and on my Tp. Super bright red and extreme burning pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
I have never had a true fecal occult test. My GP did. Digital recital exam and then rubbed her finger on the occult card and that was negative but I don't think that's an accurate way to do it. I was upset when I saw the Gastro too because I was hoping she would do the simple anoscopy to look into side the rectum and see internal hems.

Hon, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but unless you truly think the doctor is not doing their job properly, unless you have extensive knowledge of medical practices yourself that allows you to make educated observations about the accuracy of certain tests, then your misgivings are most likely due to your anxiety than any basis in fact.

I am not saying medical professionals should never be questioned - quite the contrary - but unless you have real reason to believe they are not performing their duties correctly, trust that they know what they are doing.

If you really truly have misgivings about their practises that won't go away, change to another doctor or get a second opinion; but even if there are tests that are not performed, it still doesn't mean you have a terrible disease lurking undiscovered in the darkness.

Look into getting therapy for your HA. That is of the utmost importance right now.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything