Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So Sick of This  (Read 145 times)

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So Sick of This
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:32:00 AM »
I'm getting frustrated.

I have been doing great up until last Sunday when I came down with a stomach virus. Now I have emetephobia so getting sick is always a big deal. Anyway, thankfully it was just a mild case but still had the diarrhea and I did vomit once. Anyways, I started feeling better by Monday and went back to work on Tuesday, although I was late to work because I woke up with a horrible horrible anxiety attack! I couldn't eat, could barely breathe, was shaking, etc. I took a klonopin (.25mg) and it helped me get to work. Yesterday, same thing! Woke up with a really bad attack again. Took another klonopin and it calmed down. I had some green tea (hot) at work and within an hour I was in the bathroom with diarrhea again, which sparked me to panic again thinking I was getting sick again. I managed to get through the rest of my day and was fine for the most part.

It's now Thursday and I woke up in a complete panic AGAIN. Another klonopin and I'm starting to calm down and attempt to eat some breakfast.

I went to my Dr on Monday and they want me to increase my Zoloft from 50mgs to 100mgs, and to take the Klonopin daily in the mean time. Well, I'll be honest, I'm terrified to increase my Zoloft but I really don't know why?

As I type this my hands are shaking, my stomach is in knots and I feel like crying.

I get hit with these types of episodes maybe 3x a year - and they last for what seems like forever, usually a week or so.

I'm just venting, really. I am doing what I'm "supposed" to do - I go for walks, I do deep breathing, I do distraction methods.

I just feel like I will never get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So Sick of This
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »
Hello,

The good thing is that venting is very positive and you are among friends here so vent all you want . . . These episodes are frustrating and I know that it does not make you feel any better for someone like me to say that  they will pass . . . I get so frustrated myself . . . but, you will get better . . . . sometimes when we are sick with a virus, it really upsets the whole system and when that happens, well, anxiety comes back into play . . . . and, you are right, you can do all the correct things and they just do not seem to have an effect because your body is recovering . . . I had a virus about a month ago and it wiped me out physically and then it triggered anxiety because I was falling behind in what I had to do, etc. etc. . . . . but, I looked for the small accomplishments in the day and you have had them . . .you are using your strength to build these small achievements into the day . . . .I know increasing meds can be interpreted as a sign of things are getting worse but perhaps your doc wants you to increase them to give your body a break from the anxiety so it can recovery physically from the virus . . . I am not a med professional so I can't advise you on that . . . but, and I know a lot of people don't like doing this but I do . . when I feel like crying, I cry . . .for some reason it is very cathartic and creates a profound sense of release of alot of emotion plus I usually get so tired, I end up having a good night's sleep which is unsual for me . . . .

You will get past this . . . but I so do appreciate your frustration and you will get better . .. you have in the past and this is a bit of a speed bump because of the virus has probably depleted your immune system . . .so, give yourself time to recover and do what you can every day to build back your confidence in your health . . .when you can, let us know how you are doing . . .take care, KC
Bookmark and Share

Tags: