Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Managing anxiety  (Read 121 times)

Offline Superwoman

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Managing anxiety
« on: April 09, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm really hoping someone has some techniques that can better help me manage my anxiety. It's like I'm constantly worrying about silly things and I just can't stand it but I just can't get it out of my head. My counselor has tried some techniques such as just acknowledging that it's anxiety and letting it happen (I don't like this because I can't just "let it happen" or it drives me bananas and makes me just want to cry). She told me to learn to look at life in a  grayscale (such as okay, I'm feeling anxious about my relationship today, I don't love my fiance 100% but that doesn't mean I don't love him). I've tried keeping a journal, exercising, talking to my fiance about it....I just don't know what else to do. I feel like my anxiety about life and my relationship in general is just getting progressively worse and I can't be happy because I'm constantly worried. How does everyone do it? How do you go about living a normal, happy life? How do you manage the anxiety?

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Managing anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 01:29:02 AM »
Me personally? Well, this may or may not help, but I find having a controlled outlet for anxiety helps reduce the issue overall. In my case, I like to scare myself with creepy stories. They are scary and give you something to focus on with those bothersome anxiety feelings instead of just letting them swirl about in uncertainty, and you know that at any time you could stop reading and end any fear. It also helps because it lets you get used to the sensations at a controlled pace. This has worked extremely well for me, though due to its nature I'm often reluctant to recommend it. Still, it may just work.

If you wanna give it a shot, here's one of my favorites: http://youtu.be/-x_6qao4-Ts
Bookmark and Share

Tags: