Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fighting for love  (Read 126 times)

Offline Superwoman

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fighting for love
« on: April 09, 2014, 11:18:12 PM »
I absolutely love my fiance. So extremely much. I know I do; it's just one of those things that you just know. He's my best friend and my world. We've been together for two years now and everything in our relationship has been awesome. We have been through literally every possible situation that a couple can go through and here we are, still going strong. Now I'm worried though. Lately my anxiety has been really kicking me in the butt. I worry every day if I still love him or if he still makes me happy. I feel like an emotional wreck because I'm always fighting to stay happy around him when nothing really makes me happy anymore because I feel so stressed out. The anxiety is ugly, not to mention the layer of added guilt from wondering if I still love him or want to be with him. I really need some reassurance that it is anxiety causing these thoughts; that other people have gone through this at some point. I can't imagine a future without him but I want so badly for things to go back to "normal." ( As normal as it can get for those of us with anxiety haha) How do you manage or get past these thoughts?? My counselor is trying to help me but so far, nothing is working :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fighting for love
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:37:51 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, you are looking for reasons to try and explain how you are feeling. We all know it is your anxiety making you feel as you do. But your mind might be trying to find other answers. It can happen at times. The boyfriend comes out as the unlucky answer in your mind. Which is a trick of the mind. In such situations always follow your heart. I am sure in your heart you know you really do still love him and you would be lost without him. You might also be questioning his life. Does he deserve better and the likes. We tend to do that at times too. He is with you. He wants to be with you. That is what he thinks and knows is best for him. So you both love each other. You both want to be with each other. Don't let your mind put you on the wrong path. Fill your head with wrong ideas. Go with what is in your heart. That is love for him.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: