Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Cardiophobia...am I the only one?  (Read 173 times)

Offline cursedbyanxiety

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cardiophobia...am I the only one?
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:29:23 PM »
Am I the only one who has a fear of dying from a heart related issue?  Every time I feel any type of anything in my chest....my mind starts going bonkers.  Is it a heart attack, heart disease....WebMD is my nemesis.

My mother in law passed suddenly from a heart attack.  One moment she was getting ready to come watch my son race.  The next we were getting a phone call that she died instantly from a heart attack.  Ever since than.....it has been worse. 

I seriously feel like a freak every time I start to have an episode and start to worry even more that I am going to die. 
Bookmark and Share
“Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cardiophobia...am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 05:50:33 AM »
Just look in the health anxiety section. There are hundreds of members who imagine they are having heart attacks every day of the week. Some even think they are having them as they making their posts. I too lost my father to a heart attack. He died at my feet. I am lucky I don't worry about such things. Case of having a check up. Get a clean bill of health. Then accepting there is nothing wrong with your heart. You are focused on that one part of your body. You are so aware of it it is making you much worse. Need something else to focus on.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: