Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety, Lyme Disease and Gerd...oh my!  (Read 127 times)

Offline cursedbyanxiety

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety, Lyme Disease and Gerd...oh my!
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »
Hi!  I stumbled across this forum while I was searching for solutions for my Gerd and anxiety.  I have suffered from generalized anxiety most of my life.  In October 2013, I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  After 2 courses of antibiotics and being bed ridden for a few weeks I started feeling better by the end of December.  The only thing that wasn't getting better was my anxiety.  it was increasingly getting worse.  The worst of my attacks happened in the middle of the night.  I developed severe gerd, from what I think, was all of the medications I took for the LD.  Along with my Gerd, i have heart palpitations, that I believe is related to the gerd and the foods I eat sometimes.  If I am out in public, depending on where I am, I start to have panic attacks...almost like a social anxiety disorder.  I have recently started taking Lithium Orotate, 20mg daily.  I have noticed a difference in the way I feel and my anxiety.  But, I do not like taking medications...natural or not.  I would love to overcome my anxiety one day, but feel like I am in a pit that I can't climb out of. 

My hopes with joining this forum is to be able to chat with people who can relate to what i am experiencing. 
Bookmark and Share
“Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline emiloo09

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety, Lyme Disease and Gerd...oh my!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:01:49 PM »
I also have pretty bad GERD. Mainly caused by anxiety. I am constantly nauseous, and my stomach hurts all the time. I cannot eat anything without it getting stuck in my throat or coming back up. I understand completely how you are feeling. I am now anxious to go out with friends and out to eat with people. I have to take my Ativan before I do anything to at least calm me down. I hope yours gets better! :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline cursedbyanxiety

• Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety, Lyme Disease and Gerd...oh my!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 10:07:39 PM »
Me too!  Everything makes my stomach hurt as well.  Some foods more than others.  I try to stick to a bland diet.  It is so boring, but I truly hate the stomach aches that come along with it.  I too find myself taking my Ativan prior to going out somewhere in an attempt to prevent and attack.
Bookmark and Share
“Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon