Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anyone with headache experience.....  (Read 376 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anyone with headache experience.....
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:43:59 PM »
So I've had headaches for 2 months straight. I've had maybe 2-4 days without a headache. They are random. Side, back, top, front etc. So 2 neuros say no need for any scan and its tension and migraines.

obviously I wasn't ok with that so I went to the ER last night because I had a horrific headache. They actually did a ct scan that was clear and have me a script for migraines.

can anyone tell me your experiences and give me some.advice? Also, should I push for an MRI to make sure its nothing else serious even though the ER Dr said the ct scan will tell alot? Thanks in advance
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anyone with headache experience.....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:10:20 PM »
My dad knows a woman who has migraines that often, and they get so bad that she's on disability for it.  She's been to the ER with them multiple times, so it is possible it's nothing more.

The headaches could be from tension, though, yea.  I usually get a headache the day after I stay on the computer or watch TV too late- doing so with tired or dry eyes.  I've been through a phase where I was having headaches constantly but it passed.  Don't know what caused it.  Are your shoulders tense a lot, pushing upward?  That also gives me headaches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:09:28 PM »
Yes, I know that some of my headaches are tension headaches...and some are migraines. I'm hoping it was just a bad couple of months and things get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 03:43:24 AM »
Anyone else have any input?
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:06:57 AM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Annie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:31:22 AM »
Yes I have headaches almost every day for 2 months also.  All over in different spots and sometimes at the back on the right side of my head where the neck meets the head, it throbs in that area and when I push on it is tender.  Sometimes they are at the temple area and sometimes my jaw hurts.  Also my forehead at the hairline aches on some days.  It is very worrisome, I have a neurologist appointment booked but it isn't until August.  At this time I am also dealing with high liver enzymes and I am very stressed about that so I'm not sure if the headaches are tension related or not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply!! Sucks that your going thru the same thing though! Wow, that's a long time to wait for a neuro appt. Well, that just proves that if they thought it was anything horrible, they would definitely get you in sooner and run tests.

I wonder------ I had a clean ct scan. But should I go back to my neuro demanding an MRI to make SURE?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Annie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »
What you have is probably tension headaches and somehow you have to break the cycle.  Getting a clean MRI would probably do that for you, but I think they would have seen anything bad in a cat scan.  You are probably allright but it does suck having these headaches.  I wish I could get a clean bill of health on my liver and that might make mine go away, I've had an ultra sound and all bloodwork is negative for anything bad but the enzymes are still raised.  ALT - 70, AST - 37 and GGT - 90.  Am I right in thinking that you went through this liver thing awhile back and if so can you let me know your outcome.  I wish I didn't worry so much but at least when I come on this site I don't feel so alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Annie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 04:58:48 PM »
Also I forgot to mention that I kind of get a buzzing sound coming from my head noticeable at night when I'm trying to sleep.  Do you get this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 05:40:25 PM »
I had a headache for almost 2 months straight too. It was absolutely awful and convinced myself I had a brain tumour many times. It did get better after around a month but honestly anytime I never had it felt like a blessing!! I would wake up and not have it then about half an hour to an hour later it would be there until I went to bed that night. One day I just burst into tears about it to a friend and explained how it was making me felt ect. Since that day (which was around a month ago) I've not have one headache. Trust me it will go away and you'll be fine x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »
Forgot to mention that it felt like a seering pain all about my head and in different spots it felt like sharp pains which lasted for about 15 minutes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 07:15:07 PM »
@Aimee--- did you go to a neuro? or get any testing/scans done? yes my ct scan was clear and now im two days without a headache-- but just the thought of it coming back is giving me anxiety!!!! im trying not to think about it but its hard when us hypos' have obssesive thinking
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 07:18:59 PM »
@ANNIE--- i private messaged you
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 08:50:52 PM »
Let's review this logically - for the last few weeks, you were convinced you had a brain tumor and all you wanted was a scan because you were convinced that it would make your anxiety go away.  So now you have a scan that's clear but you're back in the reassurance cycle…thinking that now you need an MRI and constantly asking for reassurance on here.

When does this stop and when do you treat your anxiety?  I am not trying to be mean but I know hard it is to think clearly when you're in the middle of everything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »
Falcon, I don't think your being mean and appreciate your honesty  :happy0151: I actually have found a therapist that I really like and we are practicing cbt techniques. My psych also upped my paxil....for obsessive thoughts. I'm trying I really am
Bookmark and Share

Tags: