Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: how long does your panick last?  (Read 133 times)

Offline alesha

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
how long does your panick last?
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »
Does anyone feel like their panicks arent just attacks? Like they can last for days.... weeks?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: how long does your panick last?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »
I think if you have frequent panic attacks it might seem like one big long panic attack. Those are rare. If anything some people can suffer with their nerves 24 / 7 and that can seem like one big panic attack. Symptoms and all that goes with it. But really it is just their nerves acting up all the time. Case of trying to break the cycle. Finding a way to stop that panic. I know it is easier said than done. But distraction works for a lot of people. To put your mind and your thoughts onto something you like doing. Taking your thoughts away from yourself. If we think inwardly we are fully focused on ourselves and that would make us more anxious. So we try and find other things to focus on. Can take a while to get right. Just have to believe in yourself.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »
When I'm in the midst of an attack - it can feel like it's continuous for days upon days. However I do have breaks in between where I will feel calmer, just to have another start up shortly after. I think our bodies are so wired from the first attack that it takes time to come down, and the littlest thing can set it off again.

The biggest thing for me is distraction. If you can shift your focus to something other than being in the moment of panic, it can help to ease some of the symptoms. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 08:36:59 AM »
I do have breaks in between but I think im mostly nervous all the time, thinking when is my next one going to be. What is going to happen next. It stops me from doing a lot. But I am working on calming myself down and going with the flow. Its discouraging sometimes when I feel symptoms,  but no attack.  I guess just feeling nervous and on edge.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: