Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Petechiae...please help  (Read 222 times)

Offline nik88

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Petechiae...please help
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »
Hi everyone.  Any input would be appreciated.

The past four or five months, I've noticed minuscule pinprick red dots on my legs that come and go.  I'm a nurse and when I'm on my feet all day, at work for example, I notice more of them.  I notice them only on my lower legs/feet.  They are literally little pinpricks, like I was poked with a red pen.  They mostly disappear when I've woken up in the morning.  I got a CBC and metabolic panel done in November and everything came back fine, however my clotting times were not checked.  I'm so worried something is wrong with my liver or that I have a serious problem, it's consuming me :(. Any input would be appreciated.  I have health insurance, but just thinking about going to the doctor makes my anxiety ten times worse...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Petechiae...please help
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:53:53 PM »
I've heard of that being caused by exercise before; I imagine being on your feet all day could cause something similar.  I think blood pressure is very strong in the lower legs or something?  Yeah, as you can tell, I'm not a doctor.  But if your blood counts were good I doubt you need to stress.
Bookmark and Share

Offline realityiscliche

• Rec's: 5
  • Here to help.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:03 PM »
I have these too and they do scare me sometimes. I don't know if mine come and go because I don't pay attention enough but I would say you're right on the money with standing all day. Mine didn't pop up until I started standing on my feet for 11 hours a day in horrible shoes (and yet I still haven't bought better shoes  ::), go figure). I'm almost positive this is a common thing for people like us who stand all day! Most people just don't pay attention to their bodies like we do.
Bookmark and Share
"Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet, I have just one day - today, and I'm going to be happy in it." -Groucho Marx

Offline Jonesle

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 08:26:32 AM »
I've had these little red spots, I read somewhere stress can also bring it on, I ran to my dr scared when a huge one came up, (called a purpura) she says nothing to worry about unless your absolutely covered in them, then time yo run blood tests!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: