Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: More intense exercise =increase in anxiety?  (Read 107 times)

Offline sdalbright22

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
More intense exercise =increase in anxiety?
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:20:14 PM »
Hi all. Haven't posted here in over a year. Doing significantly better with my anxiety. Although it still rears it's head from time to time I'm much more equipped to deal with it. Hooray. :)

anyway - I've been exercising regularly since thanksgiving of 2013. I have been working out 6 days a week alternating strength training with cardio HIIT routines. This week I decided to take it up a notch and I started T25. The last few days I've noticed a reappearance of anxiety symptoms I haven't experienced for over 6 months. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if so how long it took for your anxiety levels to go back down. I really like the program so I'm hoping it's something that will work its way out sooner or later.

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LilJenny45

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: More intense exercise =increase in anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
I have anxiety with exercising, but that's mostly due to the fact that I'm convinced my heart will give out!

If you're suddenly experiencing extra anxiety and can't pinpoint any other cause, you could potentially be over-training. That could create anxiety symptoms. Also, hard exercise does cause the release of adrenaline in your system, which could up your anxiety. I would say either go back down to your previous level or even take a rest week, and then start up again. See if either of those fixes the problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxious_brit

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: More intense exercise =increase in anxiety?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 08:08:48 PM »
For a lot of us that have anxiety we have a fair amount of adrenaline already in our blood stream. When we exercise you do the same thing, your body will release adrenaline. This can sometimes increase the anxiety of people like us. Of course the more you worry about feeling more anxious during working out with increase that even more.
Bookmark and Share
"The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live"

www.FindingHappy.org

Tags: