Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is having a panic attack about this really stupid?  (Read 214 times)

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is having a panic attack about this really stupid?
« on: April 09, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »
Last night, I was reading about Mars, then I was looking up stuff about other planets, then it gave me a panic attack, cause for some reason, planets cause me to freak out since they seem like they just kind of magically float in space like marbles..then I start to wonder about life and how it all started and wonder if there are aliens, I just really had a big panic attack..

Why do you think that happened? I used to really be fascinated by the beauty of space..now I fear it. :( Why??? How can I fix my feelings??  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Curiouslywondering

• We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is having a panic attack about this really stupid?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
No it's not abnormal, breathe easy and understand that it's just anxiety. Anxiety is a terrible feeling and the thoughts that we have are under like a microscope, which anxiety magnifies and distort. So while it may be something very simple, for us it's catastrophic!, my best advice is to discuss this with your doc and just continue to tell yourself that it's only anxiety that's making the thoughts so annoying and alarming..peace and Blessings
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline nomoretears

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:44:10 PM »
Thanks, I ended up watching even more stuff about planets and space, it's a subject that fascinates me to a certain degree..I suppose it's a mixure of all kinds of feelings.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 05:52:47 AM »
You know HP Lovecraft, the writer? What influenced his work was the sudden discovery that the milky way wasnt the universe. That it wasnt even a meaningful part of the universe (relatively speaking. Its meaningful to us.) It was a big change. That must've been really... humbling. But it shows that your fears arent necessarily irrational, though maybe a bit overblown.

Oh hey, since you like space, have you seen this picture? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Hubble_Extreme_Deep_Field_%28full_resolution%29.png Those are all galaxies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nomoretears

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 01:57:29 AM »
No, haven't seen that picture it's fascinating.

It would someday be nice to know if there is other life forms out here, I am sure there are.. And would also be nice to know if mars once had life on it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: