Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Questions  (Read 195 times)

Offline HopefulAmy81

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Questions
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:47 AM »
I am going through a pretty rough time in my life right now.  In the past few weeks I had extreme panic and anxiety attacks. I am slowly working through them but I do have my downs.  My problem is I can't stop thinking about it.  I find myself thinking about all the negative that has happened in the past few weeks and dwelling on how the attacks made me feel.  I can't just let it go.  I feel exhausted from worrying and stressing day by day.  My Dr. has me on Buspar for anxiety.  But all these negative thoughts are taking over my life.  I was wondering if anyone knows of any free online programs for Cognitive Behaviroal Therapy?  I just want to turn my negative thinking into positive.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:35:23 AM »
You might find something of use on this site. Most are free. Some you have to pay for. Likes of DVDs and the likes. Just have a look around and see if anything is of any interest to you.

http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/links2.htm
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
My psychologist lent me this book, and I ended up buying a copy.  Its a work book that helps you stop reinforcing negative thoughts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1572241136/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can give you example of CBT from the book if you want... Fill in these questions  (I'll supply my own answers)

Old negative thought
1) What causes your anxiety?  I get dizzy spells
2) Worst case "what if" scenerio ?  What if I get dizzy and pass out
3) How long have you thought this way? Daily for several months
4) What percentage would you put during an attack that something horrible will happen?  %50

New thought (changing your logic)

Using my old logic if I had 100 panic attacks I should have passed out 50 times.  I never passed out during an attack so my logic is flawed.  My new thought : Even though I get dizzy doesn't mean I'll pass out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: