Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: at the wits end  (Read 99 times)

Offline anxiousadam

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
at the wits end
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »
Hey guys,

So I've been dealing with bad anxiety for the past 5 months. It all started when I got a sinus infection and somehow convinced myself it was something much more serious. Since the new year ive seen the doctor about 15 different times. I've been convinced I've had chrons disease, brain tumors, menigitis, and HIV. All negative. These past months have been mental and physical torture.

My new concern that I'd really like some advice with is my heart. my resting hear rate (when i wake up ) is around 70. just lying in bed or sitting its anywhere between 80-100. Just standing or doing anything its at like 120-130. I know all this because i obsessively check it. I'm gonna do an EKG next week, etc. but in the mean time I would really like some reassurance. I feel like my heart is damaged or is just going to give out. I constantly feel dizzy, weak, and tired. I had an ekg and echocardiogram two years ago and the results were fine.

I do CBT reguarliy and doesn't seem to be calming me.
Im 26, male, smoker.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: at the wits end
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »
Anxiety, smoking, caffeine and not being in shape can all contribute to an elevated heart rate.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline LilJenny45

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: at the wits end
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 08:41:29 AM »
The problem with having health anxiety related to your heart is that cardiac symptoms and anxiety symptoms are nearly identical. Your constant stress will keep your HR up, and also cause dizzinees, weakness, and fatigue. If you had an echocardiogram and EKG two years ago, it's extremely unlikely that anything would have changed in that time. I know, because I just asked my doc about the echo, stress test, and Holter I had two years ago. She said at a minimum, absent other risk factors (high blood pressure, high cholesteral, etc) those tests are good for 5 years. I get all the same symptoms you do, and it's never my heart, though I would swear it is.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: