Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: more visual problems :(  (Read 205 times)

Offline Sammy13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
more visual problems :(
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:19:51 AM »
now after i had my initial floaters and flashes a few months ago Ive gotten 2 thorough eye exams and nothing so my fears went to the way side for a while. But now for about three weeks ive had flashing  like little strobe lights going off and on too fast to count in my peripheral vision:( anyone else expirience this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roxy2012

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: more visual problems :(
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:25:48 AM »
YES! I have for months.. Flashes of light, floaters, snow vision in the dark.. after images etc..I also had an optical migraine and my left eye went had swirly vision for like 15 miniutes. that really freaked me out :) I've had 3 eye exams and all found nothing but healthy eyes.. it started after my HA got bad in early 2013. So even though Im obsessed with MS I blame my vision issues on anxiety. So dont worry you're fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roxy2012

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:26:30 AM »
Actually after thinking about it, june 5th will make a year that i've had these weird vision issues.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sammy13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:28:59 AM »
thanks I am goig back to the doctor again :( it seems like going to the doctor all the time now just for the reassurance and it will last for a couple weeks then back again  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roxy2012

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:30:45 AM »
Thats the vicious cycle of HA.. but you have to trust your doctor! :) You're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sammy13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:31 AM »
thanks for the replies roxy! much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thinkingofthinking

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 01:00:34 AM »
Omg, how ironic this would be the first post I find on this site. I've been having after images, tracers, floaters, visual snow, visual migraines, ringing/roaring in the ears, the whole nine yards for 2 years now. Been to many doctors and I know it's not to do with our eyes. It's a neurological thing. Like our sensors are delayed, so we see more noise because it doesn't process as fast. At least that's what I've been led to believe with my issues.

It sent me in to around the clock, nonstop panic attacks for 3 months straight that caused me to drop out of school and move back in with my mom (I lived with my grandparents junior year of highschool). It still triggers my anxiet sometimes when I can't ignore it or I'm just in one of those moods where I can't rationalize my hypochondria. Like tonight, which is why I made this account.

ANYWAY. The main point is, it's most likely a harmless quirk you'll have to live with. Sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's hardly noticeable. Just try and remember you arn't in any danger. One thing that really helped me was to STOP SEARCHING ABOUT IT ON THE WEB. I know it's hard, but once I forced myself not to look it up anymore, it because 10 times easier to try and ignore.

Sorry this is so long. Just felt like I'd share my story of battling with this frightening visual disturbance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 03:36:37 AM »
I've had all kinds of crazy vision issues for years.  None of them have caused me any harm.  After seeing a bunch of doctors, one finally told me "sometimes this just happens.  We don't know why."  I assume you've had your eyes checked in depth.  If they say everything looks good, accept that it's just one of those things. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sammy13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 12:23:14 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys, it's deff helped and hopefully all of our situations resolve themselves!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 08:00:45 PM »
I've always had strange visual things.... Well, i say always, i think since my HA began.

Flashes, Floats, Sparkles... you name it. I also get migraines and a few other odd migraine related things. These all come with visual symptoms.

Do you have migraines with aura at all? Not saying your symptoms ARE and aura, they don't sound like auras at all. But i wonder if there's a connection.

Just rest assured these visual symptoms have happened to so many with HA. Myself heavily included. I'm still here... after 10 years (in some cases, other visual stuff are only a few years old!)

Who knows what HA really does to us. But have you felt the way it can make you feel? Your body? fatigue? muscles? bowels? bladder? Anything!! Why would HA affecting vision be so hard to imagine? It can mess a LOT up! Eyes are no exception.

I hope you improve!! keep positive. Keep trying. We'll all get there...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sammy13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 04:15:03 AM »
thanks dayvid, and i get frequent headaches allong with eye pain and sometimes along with that comes coloured "shooting stars"so to speak across my vision i guess this could be considered auras and ocular migraines but hey im not a doctor lol
Bookmark and Share

Tags: