Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: SNRI vs. SSRI, Is an SNRI promising?  (Read 1206 times)

Online insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: SNRI vs. SSRI, Is an SNRI promising?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 08:00:19 AM »
Does Lamictal treat mania rather quickly?

Lamictal only takes 4-5 days to kick-in as much as the dose allows.

Does it treat acute mania/hypomania? and I think I need a higher dose of lamictal because my moods still feel like they're not in a stable place. I feel like I might be having an anxious hypomania

It is an anti-seizure med with mood stabilizing properties, not an anti psychotic. It helps delay the onset of the manic phase of bipolar depression, but may not control it. That said, I'm not convinced you are hypomanic. But you'll need to get this assessed by your psychiatrist.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Online dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 06:37:23 AM »
Hey Ian, sexual side effects happened pretty quickly after starting cymbalta. it's been 5 weeks of 30 mg, how long could this persist? I know the worst case is as long as Im on the drug. but how long could this go on for until it comes back? I have no drive or desire at all. i can't achieve what guys achieve if you know what I'm saying.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 08:02:27 AM »
I know the worst case is as long as Im on the drug. but how long could this go on for until it comes back?

At least to some degree probably as long as you take Cymbalta (or any SSRI, SNRI, TCA, or MAOI). :traurig001: However, the intensity of the affect on the libido will likely diminish somewhat in the coming weeks and months. There are things you can do to reduce the impact.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: