Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: does anybody worry about a heart attack caused by their stress and anxiety?  (Read 203 times)

Offline idleman52

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This has been a worry of mine for a long time now because I do deal with mine pretty consistently. My anxiety started over five years ago and I have my pretty good periods where it was just moderate anxiety and then I have my periods where it is just constant all the time. The point is though it is always there in some shape or form. I was just wondering does anybody else worry about this? I have read a lot of articles online where they say that it could lead to heart disease and other things. I even read one story about a woman who suffered cardiac arrest that was probably caused by all her anxiety from over the years. Does anybody have it so bad that they worry that it might kill them one day?
Bookmark and Share
"Relax!? You must be crazy!"

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
actually, my anxiety caused a heart problem. Sort of. During a panic attack, i started to get odd chest sensations, and went to the hospital. It turned out I have a mitral valve prolapse - a minor heart condition which can get worse over time. It was always there, but the anxiety caused it to show itself. So far ive been fine, but I actualy get it monitored once a year just to be sure.

Anxiety has literally made it less likely for me to die from heart problems.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevin84

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Yes, yes, yes! I think it has crossed all of our brains more than once especially during the time of a panic attack.

Like luna, I too have been a slight heart issue, mitral valve regurgitation. While typing this up I have been having some palpitations, I live with it there is nothing I can do. I have never heard of an anxiety induced heart attack and I have been in the medical field for some time as well as dealt with anxiety for a long time.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: