Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cheating ocd  (Read 216 times)

Offline LG1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cheating ocd
« on: April 08, 2014, 05:33:36 PM »
I was at a night out at the weekend and got really drunk to the point i cant remember much from about 10pm onwards. I was with my husband who only had a few drinks. I was speaking to my friend yesterday who was telling me that me and my husband were trying to make each other jealous by dancing with girls and i was dancing with her work colleague.  The thing is i do not have any recollection of this and convinced myself that i went out of the hall and kissed him maybe even more! I'm terrified that i would have cheated on my husband and not remembered. We have just had a baby which is why i was so drunk i think. I love my husband so much and feel sick at the thought of cheating. I keep telling myself that if i went off with another guy my husband would have noticed right? I've ended up creating a false memoryin my head since my friend told me this 
Bookmark and Share

Offline IWantToBeFearless

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cheating ocd
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »
LG1, this is probably more a fear of loss of control. It's scary to think you won't be able to control or handle a situation, so our mind convinces us we will just be compelled to do things.

You are in control. Your fear mind is probably just taking over and putting the worst case scenario in your mind. This does not have to be your reality. Take a deep breath. Trust in yourself.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: