Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Myasthenia Gravis?! Freaking out completely.  (Read 154 times)

Offline Mommyof4babes

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Myasthenia Gravis?! Freaking out completely.
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:54:27 AM »
I feel like I've posted a bunch of random fears of mine lately but last night I feel like I really did self diagnose myself.  This past week, I felt like one of my eyelids looked droopy.  I took pictures & even asked family what they thought.  It definitely is not the same as the other side & is something I would have taken notice of in the past.  I saw a Rheumatologist last week & he too said my one eye looked a little droopier than the other but not enough that he'd send me anywhere.  Anyway, after looking at symptoms of MG, I feel like that's it.  My tongue & jaw as well as the muscles under my chin often feel tired, especially after chewing.  My mouth also shakes when I smile.  I also have fatigue, pretty much daily, but in the past have chalked it up to going to bed too late.  The combo of these 3 things has me thinking that something is up.  Should I go & see someone?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Myasthenia Gravis?! Freaking out completely.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:28:27 AM »
The fatigue probably IS from going to bed too late.  (and if you are the mom of 4 babes no WONDER you are tired!   :happy0151:)  If I started concentrating on my jaw to see if it was tired or weak it would BECOME tired and weak.  I don't know how old you are (are your babes still babes or are they older now...) , but as people age their skin droops.  It could start as early as 30.  I'm sure things don't start drooping evenly on both sides.  If you are younger, maybe it was always like that and you are just hyper aware? Or maybe it's just from being exhausted?  (If you are under 30 and do have 4 young children it would be odd for you NOT to be tired) Try not to jump to worst case scenarios when there are so many other explanations. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: