Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Exhaustion due to stress: Does sleeping help?  (Read 133 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Exhaustion due to stress: Does sleeping help?
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:43:49 AM »
I'm always sleepy lately. Right now I woke up a hour ago fine, ate breakfast, and I feel like I haven't slept all day. I can't figure out any reason for the on-off sleepiness except stress or a neurological condition..

I resist sleep when this happens. A few weeks ago I had the same problem and I was sleeping constantly with no impact. I don't know if sleep will help this.. Am I even truly sleepy or is my brain just hyper-stressed? Trying to relieve the stress really doesn't help either. I just have to wait until I'm awake again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Exhaustion due to stress: Does sleeping help?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:13:20 AM »
Maybe this isn't your case, but it COULD be:  Are you sure your EYES just aren't "tired"?  And I don't even mean they are tired, only irritated from something making it SEEM like you are sleepy/tired?  I had gotten new mascara and then kept thinking I was so "sleepy" etc, then I thought, "Hmmm, let me wash my face and take that mascara off!"  And viola!  I "woke up" and was fine after that!
Also stress and anxiety can cause it - other times I feel so tired and not wanting to do anything - I'd take a Xanax and perk up to my old self. Tiredness GONE (and Xanax is supposed to MAKE you tired!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:22:49 AM »
No, I feel tired. It can feel it outside of my head, the lack of focus and poor motor skills that accompany falling asleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 12:04:30 PM »
Stress/anxiety can FOR SURE cause tiredness. It's very common. Think about it—when you're stressed, your body is having to work harder just to do the things it does normally. Factor in the fact that oftentimes, stress can cause sleep disruption, and you've got yourself a recipe for flat-out exhaustion.

It's a much more common culprit than neurological disorders, I promise.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:54 AM »
Now I'm uncertain this is real fatigue or not. I woke up today feeling like hell, exhausted and hungry. I ate breakfast and, instead of deciding to exercise or play video games, I went to sleep. Considering I was so sleepy I should have nodded off quickly but after 40 minutes of nothing I decided I couldn't fall asleep.

I went and played some games, got more awake quickly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:25:39 PM »
When I'm exhausted due to stress, sleep doesn't really help.  It also makes me have a hard time sleeping.  You've mentioned you've been sick off and on for a while, which could explain being more tired than usual.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: