Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feel like everyone is fed up with me...  (Read 214 times)

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feel like everyone is fed up with me...
« on: April 08, 2014, 07:01:48 AM »
I try to keep my anxiety to myself because I don't have much of a support system here. No one in my family other then me has anxiety and its something they don't understand so I just get brushed off a lot, told to smarted up, grow up, deal with it, get it together ETC..

I have recently over the last 6 months or so had a lump in my throat feeling. This feeling is constant from the moment I wake until i go to bed but changes in severity through out the day seemingly worse at night. I have gone for a barium swallow, they didn't report any findings however during it I had to get up and move around because my stomach wasn't emptying fast enough so you would think they would have said something about delayed gastric emptying.

I also have had an endoscopy which reported that my throat was red, other then that they did not report any findings and this was about 3 months ago.

I had just done a thyroid blood test/scan because its in that area and the results should be in. I called my doctor to make an appointment to review them, but the receptionist said if there was any concern they would have called me which they did not.

I'm now supposed to see en ENT in a few days as well as an allergist at the end of the month.

This is causing me great anxiety. Im uncomfortable almost all the time and its even beginning to affect my sleeping. I told my therapist about it and he wants to put me on another med. I'm currently on klonopin only because of my adverse reactions with ssris in the past so I don't know what I'm to do. He also wants me to take these tests first to make sure its not something more sinister before treating the anxiety so even more to think of.

This feeling is driving me mad, I try not to cry in front of anyone but i got caught crying today and my fiance got mad at me and told me he wants me to get a new family doctor by the end of today or else and followed it with I don't know if I can love you anymore. I'm absolutely heartbroken. I feel like Im going to die from this throat thing, and the one person i thought would be there for me says that to me... really devistated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feel like everyone is fed up with me...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:05 AM »
You don't need to marry someone who can't love you through sickness and in health.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline ashmaster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:23:49 AM »
I just feel like I'm a burden to him. When I'm not having health issues he is a very sweet guy. I think he is just worried for me, or just fed up I don't know T_T
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 08:28:06 AM »
He is a sweet guy who no longer loves you because you are sick?  Doesn't sound sweet to me.  I married the woman I married because of how she cared for me during my first stent with panic disorder.  I lost like 15 pounds, almost completely lost my mind.  She never judged me, was so patient with me and loved me back to health.  With God and her I got through one of the roughest times in my life.  I knew then she was the one, and we have been married for 17 years.  We need someone like that in our life.  If we feel like a burden it's because we are being made to feel like a burden. 
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Online Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 08:43:27 AM »
Staying off the boyfriend issue my input to you is you probably have globus hysterricus, its basically acid backing up into your throat causing the sensation of a lump. I have it very scary I be that's what your went will tell you its harmless by the way. Also axxiety can do that too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 01:02:38 PM »
I agree with the Globulous hysterica.
I have this and when you described it --it sounded like what I get. I do not have it all the time. Just enough to be a pain in the buns.
I have seen and ENT and they were the ones that did the diagnosis. You are going in the right direction with your appt to see one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »
i can sometimes  "throw up" in my mouth or throiw up white foam does this sound reflux im on prevacid shouldnt this work
?
Bookmark and Share

Online Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 03:10:32 PM »
You def have globes but what your taking might not be enough talk to your ent about it tell him what your taking and all the symptoms and don't worry about it the anxiety may be creating more acid but you're gonna be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roxy2012

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »
I know exactly how you feel. I've been dealing with anxiety for months now alone. When it first started I'd talk to my family and husband.. but they got tired of it. My husband thinks its silly. and so does my family. My husband even makes jokes. Like if I say oh i feel bad or blah blah etc. He will make jokes like "uh oh go to the er" ....

Which is why its nice to be on this forum. Everyone is so nice and helpful. it really lifts me up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roxy2012

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 03:50:53 PM »
I cant believe your fiance would say that to you.. Im so sorry :(  You deserve better than that. Does he know the vowel "Sickness or health" Not saying you are sick or anything.. But he is suppose to stick by your side no matter what!!!!! Thats what true love is.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: