Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Discomfort in upper left abdomen under ribcage :(  (Read 773 times)

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Discomfort in upper left abdomen under ribcage :(
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »
You can do a search, but the meanings of the Greek words are clear: "hypo" under and "chondria" the holding together of the ribs. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 10:50:25 PM »
I have this sometimes - I ended up being diagnosed with acid reflux and esophagitis which was exacerbated by stress, haha. So basically, I would eat something fatty/greasy/unhealthy, and I already have a genetic predisposition to have acid reflux fairly badly (dad and mom have digestive issues including acid reflux), and then I'd be spending my afternoon with funky pain in my upper left abdomen. I thought I had the weirdest things (and most terrifying) but I ended up being diagnosed after getting an endoscopy and bloodwork done to rule other things out. Now I occasionally take 15 mg of Prevacid and it clears the issue right up until the next time I stress/eat poorly. Evaluate your diet and when the pain occurs, this may give you some clues as to what is going on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 12:34:23 AM »
I have this sometimes - I ended up being diagnosed with acid reflux and esophagitis which was exacerbated by stress, haha. So basically, I would eat something fatty/greasy/unhealthy, and I already have a genetic predisposition to have acid reflux fairly badly (dad and mom have digestive issues including acid reflux), and then I'd be spending my afternoon with funky pain in my upper left abdomen. I thought I had the weirdest things (and most terrifying) but I ended up being diagnosed after getting an endoscopy and bloodwork done to rule other things out. Now I occasionally take 15 mg of Prevacid and it clears the issue right up until the next time I stress/eat poorly. Evaluate your diet and when the pain occurs, this may give you some clues as to what is going on.

Can stress really cause real physical symptoms or atleast feel real?....seems like its not possible
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything