Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can anyone relate?  (Read 108 times)

Offline m3

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can anyone relate?
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »
Hey guys,
I know I have had anxiety for awhile but I have never been diagnosed just because I have so many other health issues I'm dealing with that anxiety is lower on the list.

Just wondering can anyone relate to this?
I have lately been trying to relax more and whenever I try to relax I get a few breaths in and start feeling really anxious. I'm not sure why because I do the deep breaths and am following the progressive relaxation instructions that I get someone to read out but I still get a really panicy/angry and want to move. After I started doing that I found that my general anxiety at other times of the day has returned. :( I now feel jolts of adrenaline and anxiety during the day and even though im exhausted I feel the need to run really fast and get out the energy.  :angry:

Can anyone relate or help me find a way to relax without feeling panicked? I feel like the deep breathing is what I should be using to settle anxiety, not cause it!!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can anyone relate?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 06:00:18 AM »
The thing with relaxation can be that it is a silent time. Guided relaxation is much better. Using a CD and the likes. I think if we try it any other way we only make ourselves worse. This is actually something science is looking into at the moment. That people can become more nervous when doing their own relaxation and meditation. All their fears come to their mind. From there things just go crazy. I use CDs. Light music and a voice that is telling me what to do. With deep breathing it can unsettle some people as well. Not everybody can do it the right way. I tend to skip that part of things. When doing my relaxation. I can use when out and about. I find it doesn't help me at all during relaxation in my home. So maybe you are just another one of these people. Skip that step and move on to the next step.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: