Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can anxiety cause tiredness and how long do symptoms last?  (Read 123 times)

Offline Vengence

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can anxiety cause tiredness and how long do symptoms last?
« on: April 07, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »
So i've had anxiety for months now and    Hypochondria (obviously) i've gotten so many symptoms over the last few months, too much to list, but there's one i seem that i cant shake, fatigue/tiredness.... even if i barely do anything for the day i feel tired around 3pm, if i leave the house for hours and come back (working, walking around allot etc) it gets worse, i'm only 19 so i  dont get it now i havent really been eating much lately, only about two times a day with two or three snacks in between and i was also diagnosed with Anemia two months ago which i have been talking iron tablets for and up till recently i was constantly waking up early in the morning and had to force myself back to sleep....could all of this be the cause for the tired feeling throughout the day even though my anxiety is very mild now compared to what it used to be?
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can anxiety cause tiredness and how long do symptoms last?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
Absolutely!!!  Your body needs time to recover from the anxiety as well as the anemia.  When we're anxious our bodies are in a constant state of fight or flight, that is absolutely exhausting.  It's as if we're running marathons.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 29
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can anxiety cause tiredness and how long do symptoms last?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:02:34 PM »
Anxiety is like running a marathon everyday.  Your body is on high alert...muscles and nerves ready to go...adrenaline pumping...heart pumping...and we wonder why we get tired?
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: